• This topic has 41 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Teacher recording lessons? Legal ‘no’?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

wobbliscott

And even then take the video but don’t share it widely and once it has served the purpose for which it was originally intended destroy it.

Well you can’t really …

Hugo

However, and a big however is….

Primary allowed some lockdown photos done and it was the last year and I made his own cardbaord box that was on the drive. The whole class got a photo in a box and then the boxes were merged… I’d show you a picture but I can’t… Gran would like to see (but she can’t)… because 1 parent decided.

IMHO I was more concerned about the cardboard box being used for 35 kids in a day… but I would have just removed the photo of the child and let everyone else share them but somehow that was deemed “unfair”.

hugo
    Free Member

Why is It necessary to record teachers or pupils?

In our school, so children who can’t make a live lesson can still watch the content, learn, and see their friends. This is especially useful during travelling, quarantining and lockdown. Also, 121 sessions online are recorded for safeguarding. Online 121 conversations here are recorded, with permission, stored securely then deleted after 12 months.

The point it once its recorded and out there its out there forever

Our recorded video lessons are viewable on a password protected site, available for 7 days, streamed only, and parents have to sign a waiver where they both allow recording but also agree not to share or post images or video. “Out there forever” is a bit hyperbolic when it comes to little Molly’s lesson on fractions.

it serves no purpose that is beneficial to the education

Well, it does. See above. Children being able to access lessons and doing so safely is beneficial.

Hope that helps.

As I said in my first post, people can opt out but then they actually don’t end up doing so. Reason being is that it turns out that it’s beneficial to their children’s education after all. Go figure.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Teacher recording lessons? Legal ‘no’?’ is closed to new replies.