• This topic has 28 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igrf.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • tea – which blend puts hairs on your chest..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I love tea.
    As an infant I had cold sweet tea fed in a bottle, as a youth I experimented with your Lapsang Sushong and Earl Greys, as a young man I flirted briefly with coffee and chamomile tea and approaching middle age I dabbled with greens and redbush and even yerba mate..

I’ve come to the conclusion that for me strong sugary builders tea is what floats my boat, and in the quest for a perfect cuppa I thought I should try the Yorkshire blend..

Expecting a robust, gutsy brew, infused with the grit and tenacity of our northern brethren, I was dismayed to discover that this pale, dainty tea seemed more suited to cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off than bacon butties.. I had expected an honest tea, unafraid to speak it’s mind, but this frail sissy thoroughly disappointed..

What should I try if I’m going to better Tesco’s own brand common red box tea..?

mrjmt
    Free Member

When I was working over in Belfast, the only thing was Punjana. Now there’s no competition.
    (not sure tesco sell it but morrisons do)
    edit: it will put hairs on your back, not just your chest!

Cougar

smiffy

Glengetty for me.

neninja
    Free Member

Ringtons Connoisseur is pretty full flavoured and makes one robust cuppa.

You want a strong English breakfast tea.
    A bit pricey but Fortnum and Mason Breakfast tea will put hairs on your chest – my favourite strong tea.

Nick

Yorkshire Gold

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Yorkshire Gold
    +1

andytherocketeer

Camomile tea is rank, and isn’t really tea.
    Redbush isn’t even tea either, and is rank.
    Green tea tastes like grass. And by that I mean cuttings from the lawn, not 420.

Assam is real tea with real flavour.
    Sometimes get the urge for Chai though (an acquired taste).

DezB
    Free Member

It’s Tetleys. The blue one. Best tasting tea and the strongest, no matter what the dreamers say about Yorkshire or the so claimed strong versions of normal teas (including Tetley, strangely enough).
    Normal Tetley cannot be beaten.
    I will challenge anyone to a brew-off.

chewkw
    Free Member

Assam from Waitrose but the best tea I have tasted, so far, comes from Thailand so I will try to find out the tea leaf they are using and how they do it.

DezB – Member

They let you in Waitrose with grammar like that?

There there … changed it. ^^^^

DezB
    Free Member

They let you in Waitrose with grammar like that? 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Farrahs Lakeland Tea..

A great brew.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Can’t beat a nice Assam, the tesco own brand is pretty tidy.

cinnamon_girl

Sainsbury’s Red Label LOOSE TEA. Yep, proper tea leaves. 🙂

Make sure you warm the pot. Milk in first obviously. 😉

theteaboy
    Free Member

Loose leaves are always good.

Otherwise another vote for Assam. I recently tried the Tesco one but was disappointed. Whittards is good but Taylors of Harrogate Assam is amazing.

cinnamon_girl

Just hope this thread doesn’t flush out those ghastly coffee snobs we’ve endured on other threads. 🙄

schrickvr6
    Free Member

the teaboy

Pffff what do you know! 😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtK_vfp8po8[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Tea leaves? In a pot? This ain’t the 60s you know!

theteaboy
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member
    Pffff what do you know!

😀

Must be time for a cuppa.

chewkw
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Just hope this thread doesn’t flush out those ghastly coffee snobs we’ve endured on other threads.

Nope. I love coffee and tea equally … strong.

DezB – Member

Tea leaves? In a pot? This ain’t the 60s you know!

Why is drinking tea the old ways frown upon? Sometimes old way might be a better way because we can see what we put in.

Why should someone dictates how much tea we use? i.e. why should we be dictate by tea bags? 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chai
    Or
    Lapsang

Leave the bag in and 1 teaspoon full of honey..stir gently.. than mash..

I thank you.

DezB
    Free Member

bikbeouy = la-di-da freak

Peyote
    Free Member

Bit partial to a mug of Russian Caravan meself, slightly smokey (but no where near Lapsang territory), nice orangey colour, bright and refreshing. A nice cuppa that’s slightly different to the usual PG/Tetley clones.

z1ppy

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Just hope this thread doesn’t flush out those ghastly coffee snobs we’ve endured on other threads

Nah just waiting the idiots snobs who say proper tea ain’t pg tips/typhoo and putting in milk and sugar is just wrong…

titusrider
    Free Member

Twinnings Assam for me, Nice and strong

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Another for Yorkshire Gold. A lot richer in flavour than the standard yorkshire tea.

finbar
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s Red Label LOOSE TEA. Yep, proper tea leaves.

Make sure you warm the pot. Milk in first obviously.

We have this at work. It’s revoltingly strong. I’m worried it’ll dissolve the teaspoon if i leave it in the mug.

igrf
    Free Member

Assam is the stuff that puts hairs on your chest.

Branded stuff, down here we tend to that hard water Yorkshire Tea in the green box.

Must be one thing coming from Yorkshire they don’t feel the need to prefix with the word ‘Honest’ often wondered what it is about Yorkshire that they feel they need to say that.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘tea – which blend puts hairs on your chest..?’ is closed to new replies.