Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Tea?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Twinings breakfast tea in the morning. Twinings Assam in the afternoon. Milk, no sugar.
    When I was a kid, my mum would tell me that tea was a refreshing drink. This didn’t compute. How could hot brown liquid be refreshing? Dandelion & burdock was where it was at. Now at 48, with a mug of breakfast tea in hand, I finally realise where she was coming from.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I like mine strong, in a massive mug, and preferably available on an hourly basis. 🙂

Don’t really care what type of standard tea bag is used, but I’m not into fancy flavoured rubbish.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m not snubbing Earl Gray, rather that you’re putting milk in it. You monster.

Also, sugar in tea is evil.

Again, wrong. I defer to ‘proper tea’ acquaintances who both have milk and one sugar. It must be UHT milk though.

#whatsyournationaltea

but I’m not into fancy flavoured rubbish.

Milk and sugar?

funkmasterp

I like Yogi and Puka teas. Used to drink a lot of normal tea, but now drink coffee instead.

DezB
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner –
    Yorkshire tea tastes of soap.
    Ironic really.

Tetleys, Typhoo and PG Tips, in that order.

At last someone talks sense! Well, apart from the fact that I’ve never been able to get any flavour out of Yorkshire, soap would be a bonus.
    Tetley is the only one strong enough, and I’d put Thompson’s Punjana 2nd (maybe 1st, but it’s more expensive)

Cougar

It must be UHT milk though.

Now you’re just trolling, surely.

grenosteve
    Free Member

but I’m not into fancy flavoured rubbish.

Milk and sugar?

Milk is ok. Not into sugar though.

kormoran
    Free Member

Orange and pistachio rooibos, home made oat milk

Takes me back to my working class roots

mcj78
    Free Member

I like a proper strong olde fashioned breakfast tea – any brand really, however Dilmah do a really good one that has that has quite a distinct flavour, goes well with a couple of sugars & milk /heathen (teathen?)

Come to think of it – can any of you tea snobs tell me what that distinct “breakfast tea” flavour that comes through is? Is it from a particular type of tea that’s in the mix?

Remember doing a tour of a tea plantation place in Sri Lanka & being told that the tea that goes into tea bags is just the broken leaves from same production as the £££ large leaf fancy teas, just depends on the blend as to what goes where – there’s not a big crop of shit tea that goes straight into the bags, although some are shit.

j

Cougar

can any of you tea snobs tell me what that distinct “breakfast tea” flavour that comes through is? Is it from a particular type of tea that’s in the mix?

Assam, probably.

cinnamon_girl

Dim question but is it possible to buy “fresh” (as in not been sitting in cold storage for 6 years or rather picked the week previously) tea leaves?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Local coffee roaster’s Russian Caravan. Strong and slightly smokey.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Orange and pistachio rooibos, home made oat milk

Takes me back to my working class roots

Damn! That stings. (Throws soy milk and redbush into bin)

All better now. 😉

Frazzle sandwich?

kayla1
    Free Member

Tea with milk, no sugar. I like herbal wossnames too.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Love an Earl Grey at any time day or night, particularly enjoying Aldi’s own brand Earl Grey just now.

My kids bought me a bag of T2 Earl Grey, was shocked at the price but when you do the sums it works out at 25p a cup. Makes a cracking cup of tea with a hint of peach to it.

No sugar or milk in the T2 only milk in any other tea!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mix of Yorkshire and Twinings or M&S Earl Grey. No sugar, sometimes black, mostly with a splash if semi skimmed.

Multiply the above many, many times a day.

keithyr
    Free Member

Wee Tea Company in Fife doing some goodstuff, they also do mail order.

Earl grey & blue flower and assam are my favourites. Wifey likes the various fruity infusion nonsense though.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Partial to a cup of Chai myself

chewkw
    Free Member

Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Loose Leaf Black Tea … mine is 900g.

andrewreay

Nearly 3 pages in and no one has mentioned M&S Gold Tea?

Cougar

Demonstrably not.

Moses

Clipper Organic , even better than Yorkshire. Any Clipper is excellent.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think I have tried some M&S Gold tea before but nothing special as I can recall otherwise I would be drinking them now, instead I have 16kg of Taj tea. 😆

sbob
    Free Member

Moses – Member

Any Clipper is excellent.

I’ll agree with that.
    Masala chai FTW though.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Earl Grey… cracking… hint of peach

Nope

Palais des Thés used to have a store in Dublin. Their loose Earl Grey was the finest I’ve ever tasted.

roper
    Free Member

AlexSimon,

If you like oolong teas, have you tried this

http://www.cantonteaco.com/big-red-robe-oolong-tea.html]http://www.cantonteaco.com/big-red-robe-oolong-tea.html
    It is one of my favourite oolong. A great comfort tea.

Mogrim, I will have a think about another spider thread

DezB
    Free Member

So any of you lot, when you visit other people and they offer you a cuppa, do you go “Yes please. I’ll have a phoenix roobios earl grey blend with a hint of pistachio and a dash of unsweetened organic soy milk please.”

Nico
    Free Member

Twynings, Twinings and Twinnings so far. Carry on.

AlexSimon

roper – Member

AlexSimon,

If you like oolong teas, have you tried this

http://www.cantonteaco.com/big-red-robe-oolong-tea.htmlhttp://www.cantonteaco.com/big-red-robe-oolong-tea.html
    It is one of my favourite oolong. A great comfort tea.Yes, I have it. For some reason I haven’t added any taste notes, so I’ll have to try it again over the weekend. I’ve forgotten what I thought of it, although smelling the bag, it seems like one of the more caramel/baked ones which aren’t usually to my taste.
    Mine is this:
    https://www.imperialteas.co.uk/red-robe-da-hong-pao-number-1

mogrim

Mogrim, I will have a think about another spider thread

Yay!

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Tea?’ is closed to new replies.