Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • TdF Stage 8 – A Terrific Launch Pad [Spoilers]
  • leffeboy

It was such a joyous win in the end today. Everyone looked hugely happy and the interview kept getting interrupted by team mates rushing up to go granulate Pinot. Stage wins don’t get much better. The descending looked mad and when Kessiakoff lost it you realised how on the edge it was

higgo
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

I need an angry man shouting at me while I’m riding.

I’m sure we could find someone.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

higgo – Member

RealMan – Member

I’m sure we could find someone.

FTFY

organdonor
    Free Member

the interview kept getting interrupted by team mates rushing up to go granulate Pinot.

😯

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect we could book a coach…

ashfanman
    Free Member

the interview kept getting interrupted by team mates rushing up to go granulate Pinot

Is that was they mean by ‘grinding out’ a win? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You missed the opportunity to use a bike related coffee grinder;

OK, so it’s tenuous, very tenuous, but still…..

yossarian
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

Would they be shouting about brakes perchance? 😉

Pretty amazing at the minute. We’ve got a Brit in yellow, another challenging for the KOM (not you realman 🙂 ) and any other year cav going for green. Never thought I’d see that.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Peugeot made high quality peppermills. We still use one that’s been in the family since I was a kid.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell, Rorschach has Pinot..

Both 😆 and 8)
    His team manager was actually shouting “Pedal for Rorschach you skinny garlic eating pubescent surrender monkey”….probably.

brakes
    Free Member

I think you should be banned from the league for those comments.
    I still wouldn’t be first though.
    harrumph.

Klunk
    Free Member

didn’t know whether to post this in the bad value thread, but it is for charity

Rorschach
    Free Member

If it makes you feel more betterer, my performance in virtual road racing seems to be inversely proportional to my performance in actual road racing lately (if today’s effort was anything to go by 😐 )

rOcKeTdOg

gotta love Madiot, Boss or not, that was real passion there Vive Le Tour!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vive Le Tour!

Very much so! A real stage of passion today. A great advert for Le Tour. Love it!

Now, on to tomorrow…… Wiggo v Cuddles has to be the real battle. Wiggo with the advantage starting last? I think so.

Klunk
    Free Member

Spartacus or Martin for the win tomorrow ?

brakes
    Free Member

unless Cuddles has something special up his sleeve which he’s been hiding from everyone, he’ll be just trying to minimise his losses won’t he? hoping Wiggo will give both barrels of his suitcase of courage…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

True, Brakes, but to Klunk’s point, who will win the stage?

Martin has a hand problem, Cancellara’s going to be tired, so I’m going to say Wiggo will win it. Not by a lot over Cancellara, but by some decent time over Cuddles.

donsimon
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

It’s always nice to see the winner in Paris chalk up a stage win in the process but I think Spartacus will be in the mood tomorrow.

Stoner
    Free Member

stoner Jr and I were watching today’s stage. He was so excited and pretty much fell of his chair when I told him we would be watching them in the flesh in 7 day’s time 🙂

He knows to look out for Wiggins in Yellow….finger’s crossed!

scaredypants

Millar – Wiggo – Martin

(they’re all still in, right ?)

brakes
    Free Member

what intervals do they set off in? there’s a chance that Wiggo could catch up with Evans if it’s 2 mins.
    hope Cancellara has enough in the bank to pull out a good time and give Brad something to aim for.
    I don’t think Martin has it in him after his crash.
    what’s Sagan like at TTing?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Angry man was ace i shall use him when struggling up hill. Nice to see cuddles attack/ride aggresively but nicer to see it count for nothing

tomorrow will be a really crucial day and I hope for Wiggo taking a minute or so from cuddles…without the need for punctures.

Stoner my kis love watching the Tour as well no idea why but the only sport they want to watch and they recognise Wiggo too.
    I dont share your love of watching it live…you will have good tv reception whilst over there wont you 😉

leffeboy

rushing up to go granulate Pinot

I lurves spell correction I dew.
    (not written from an iPad)

hilldodger
    Free Member

what’s Sagan like at TTing?

in a short hilly TT in the Tour de Suisse (June 2012)…..

Stage 1 TT Results
    1 SAGAN, Peter (LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE) 9:43
    2 CANCELLARA, Fabian (RADIOSHACK-NISSAN) + 0:04

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The TT tomorrow is rather longer than nine minutes…..

Maybe his drugs he can dig deep in his suitcase of dope courage.

I have doubts about him. No idea why, really.

hilldodger
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    The TT tomorrow is rather longer than nine minutes…..

yeah, I know but can’t find any other recent TT results, personally don’t think Sagan’s a wrongun – just young, on form and full of it….

….Fab for the win, Wiggins to take about 1:30 out of Evans

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure you are correct Cpt if he can simply maintain an average speed of roughly 240 kmh he can do it in the 9 minutes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Junky!

anagallis_arvensis

I have doubts about him. No idea why, really.

because he’s a professional cyclist who wins?

brakes
    Free Member

is there a vid anywhere of Wiggo’s tirade at the press conference?

donsimon
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

“What do you say to the cynics who think that you have to be doped up to win the Tour de France?” Wiggins was asked.

After a pause, Wiggins replied: “They are just **** ****. I cannot be doing with people like that. It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can’t ever imagine applying themselves to anything in their lives. It’s easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter rather than get off their arses in their own life and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something, and that’s ultimately it. ****!”
    harsh but fair

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you think he’ll be banned for swear filter avoidance?

atlaz
    Free Member

So okay, that means with no captain RSNT are off for the team classification too. Which should be interesting given the rumours are more than half the team are off at the end of the year including 50% of the TdF riders. Will they ride for the team or points for their new teams I wonder.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Maybe he can dig deep in his suitcase of dope courage.

Justspatmyteaout.

Completely unfounded, but still bloody funny. 😀

Wiggo to catch Cuddles as they near the home straight, then to pass him while no-handed endoing across the finish line.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What no Sammy !!!

“sighs”

cfinnimore
    Free Member

My first Tour, as a complete Layman.

Good induction so far. I will never, ever side with Downhillers or Freeriders on the “who’s hardest” debate again.

Nearly losing it on tarmac at 70kph then pulling it back together on wheels as thin as digestives? Blummin’ Nora.

“Cuddles” looking back, right into Wiggos eyes then going off on one only to be caught up again looked to me like the “bridleway attack” when someone blitzes past then promptly runs out of gas and has to pretend like they never wanted to get ahead in the first place.

So, to tomorrow!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 8 – A Terrific Launch Pad [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.