Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 234 total)
  • TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • JonBurns
    Free Member

Euskatel are now wearing Orbea helmets

titusrider
    Free Member

was gonna say i didnt think it was a catlike, they are the ‘lots of small holes’ ones

MrKmkII
    Free Member

so did contador really swap his bike for a lighter one? could he not just swap for a singlespeed with the best gear for the final climb, or at least with only a single chainring ❓

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Got to agree Contador catching the pack up after switching bikes was amazing! What a buzz

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just gone past the hotel where I stay to ski! Wooo! And, behind the crowd, a really cool bike shop as well!

glenh
    Free Member

so did contador really swap his bike for a lighter one? could he not just swap for a singlespeed with the best gear for the final climb, or at least with only a single chainring

No, there is a weight limit, which all the bikes are basically at.

JonBurns
    Free Member

no think he changed it for different gearing, Harmon and Kelly just mentioned that they ‘used’ to change bikes for lightness.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

huh. so what were ITV4 talking about then?! 😕

mefty
    Free Member

fair enough did know they changed sponsor

aracer
    Free Member

It’s looking like a stage + yellow for Shreck the younger, unless he blows up on the Galibier.

The latter is of course the crucial question – expect him to at the very least lose time on those behind who’ve kept their powder dry.

SST
    Free Member

Phil & Paul are starting to ramble now . . . not sure they know what to make of it all

JonBurns
    Free Member

Dunno if any of you watched the last series of Psychoville but I think Sorensen is doing an ace impression of the silent singer

CaptJon
    Free Member

How much higher is the final climb compared to the middle one?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member
    How much higher is the final climb compared to the middle one?

Lots. It’s a monster.

aracer
    Free Member

300m higher – though the valley at the bottom before they start is also a little lower. See http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour-de-france/stage-18 for profile.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Thanks. In terms of the affect of altitude, then, it makes sense to attack when AS did. PUtting in big efforts/accelerations on the last part of the final climb is going to hurt a lot.

glenh
    Free Member

Dunno if any of you watched the last series of Psychoville but I think Sorensen is doing an ace impression of the silent singer

lol 😀

aracer
    Free Member

PUtting in big efforts/accelerations on the last part of the final climb is going to hurt a lot

That would be a good reason to do it there – first rule of racing, attack when you’re hurting as everybody else is too. The reason for attacking earlier is that you’re a lot more likely to be marked on the final climb, and even if they don’t mark you, it’s almost impossible to get the sort of gap he’s aiming for. It’s a big gamble, but one he kind of has to try – may be to his advantage that he’s been forced into this sort of move when previous years he’s been close enough to hope to make gaps just on the final climb.

wors

Can’t wait to see Andy Schleck blow up spectacularly, and Alberto wave at him as he goes by. Hopefully.

aracer
    Free Member

Only 10 miles to go. About 22 minutes then. At least that’s what I could do 10 miles in – doubtless these pros are a bit rubbish and will be a bit longer.

lunge

Where are Cuddles and Basso in all this? Or are my 2 tips about to disappear out of contention?

aracer
    Free Member

Cuddles at the front of the chase group. On his light bike. The one with a motor in the BB.

wors

Where are Cuddles and Basso in all this? Or are my 2 tips about to disappear out of contention?

I thought Basso would have faired better this year. Did you hear David Millar talking about ‘the little prince’ yesterday? Very funny.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Evans having a go now.

aracer
    Free Member

The race starts here…

atlaz
    Free Member

Fair play to Andy, he’s ridden a good stage. We’ll see whether he lasts though.

j_me
    Free Member

How far out the back is cavendish?

CaptJon
    Free Member

He’s still in Italy

atlaz
    Free Member

What happens to Cav if he finishes outside the time? Does he still go on to win the green?

aracer
    Free Member

How far out the back is cavendish?

I think he’ll struggle to win today.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What happens to Cav if he finishes outside the time? Does he still go on to win the green?

nope, he would be out of the race.

aracer
    Free Member

Sanchez gapped!

emac65
    Free Member

Cav is off his bike & is now pushing it up the final climb………..

CaptJon
    Free Member

emac65 – Member
    Cav is off his bike & is now pushing it up the final climb………..

Nah, he’s booked an uplift.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The time gap is starting to come down faster now.

aracer
    Free Member

…was – only 6s in the last 2km

mcboo
    Free Member

So whats happening? Did A.Schleck win the tour today?

soulrider
    Free Member

Cav will be struggling .. i bet he will come in with a minute or 2 to spare before the cut off … just to piss off the Movistar team..

Angry Shrek is doing an awesome job today!!
    he was my tip but so far this year has whinged and really not impressed until today!

aracer
    Free Member

Not yet – now looking very, very tight. Looks like TV will lose yellow by 10-20s, which if you neutralised tomorrow would make the final TT very, very interesting between AS, TV and CE.

aracer
    Free Member

Bertie cracking! Heads of ICU, WADA etc. will be very relieved.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.