Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 234 total)
  • TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • mcboo
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks!

mcboo
    Free Member

Flash, put the map on Terrain…..its scary

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

tracking website

too slow

racefaceec90

mcboo that’s a great link. 😀 cannot keep it on unfortunately as it will eat into my monthly internet credit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MCBoo, I know the terrain there very well, I ski on it! 🙂

SST
    Free Member

Paul Sherwin says Andy Schleck has been renamed Andy Stiffneck, cos he keeps looking behind him . . .

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Always liked Ser Che & Briancon is a really nice place to pass some time.. or to meet your mates before heading off on a Crusade

mcboo
    Free Member

did the Marmotte last year, was a whole bunch of punishment but the ride down from Galibier (the side they are about to climb) was the ultimate in wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Just goes on and on, then that beautiful River Isere valley all the way to Bourg d’Oisans. They get to do that tomorrow of course.

I bloody love that part of France, locals are super-nice too <no seriously>

aracer
    Free Member

Good point to go to ads, ITV4 🙄
    (spoiler for those without Eurosport to flick to)

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

& they make Tartiflette 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Andy goes.

scotia
    Free Member

nice!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tartiflette perfection right here – http://www.lebercail-serrechevalier.com/

lunge

Mmmmm, Tartiflette.

warton
    Free Member

massive risk going this early. will he stay away on the descent, if not will he have anything left for the galiber?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

StiffNeck attacking? He’s got to go downhill in a moment, he’ll probably poo his lycra the moment it goes beyond horizontal.

carbon337
    Free Member

Andy goes.

Finally showing some aggression he’s got two mates up ahead too. Interesting.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I reckon Andy’s move is a softener for Franks attack on the final climb, looks too far out to be successful in its own right.

Everyone else letting him go probably wasn’t in the original plan though.

aracer
    Free Member

I wanted TV to win, but is AS wins it off this big attack (with a good bit of team tactics – teammate still up front to help on the descent/valley) then he has to deserve it. The only trouble is, the last time I can remember an overall contender heading off on an epic this far out was in 2006…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The only trouble is, the last time I can remember an overall contender heading off on an epic this far out was in 2006…

Reminded me of that too.

aracer
    Free Member

“which one of the guys who’s won the TdF recently has attacked so far away from the finish of a mountain top finish”

Floyd Landis, Paul, Floyd Landis 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Look at Andy’s stem. That **** is slammed to ****. How can he not win?

rusty90
    Free Member

Schleck, A. not holding anything back on the descent on this one !

SST
    Free Member

Andy Schlecks team mate to show him the line to take down the mountain and then TT him along the valley floor to the final climb?

aracer
    Free Member

So who was it saying AS couldn’t descend?

carbon337
    Free Member

This is become a classic stage – loving it – apart from the f’ing adverts!

aracer
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed any adverts (and it’s refreshing to get Harmon/Kelly for a change)

tang
    Free Member

Go stiffneck! Will it all payoff? Not looking bad for leopard.

brassneck

Frank will be hanging on the back wheel like a bad smell of anyone who moves out of the yellow jersey group now. I reckon it’s going to stick unless Bertie goes ballistic on the last climb.

SST
    Free Member

Contador & Sanchez chatting while descending at +60km/h . . . remember yesterdays thread about “us” descending? lol

titusrider
    Free Member

what helmet is it that sammy sanchez is wearing, big horizontal vents, looks pretty kool?

ps Yell for Cadel 🙂 I remember getting a 1999 video of him winning the UCI world cup in Mountain biker international

Haze

New bike for Bertie…

carbon337
    Free Member

Contador descending through those cars is like watching an artform – no matter what history he has you cant deny his talent on a roadbike

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, the Basque v Spanish issue is solved then! Euskaltel car helping Bertie out there!

chrisdb
    Free Member

Bertie switches to the battery powered bike for the climb…

mefty
    Free Member

Helmet is catlike

SST
    Free Member

15km of headwind coming up . . . .

glenh
    Free Member

It’s looking like a stage + yellow for Shreck the younger, unless he blows up on the Galibier.

SST
    Free Member

AS has arranged for snow on the Galibier – so the stage will be shortened 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.