Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tarmac Driveway – How Long Before Use
  • MrGrim

Had a driveway company hardcore and tarmac the driveway. It got finished today. How long do I leave it before using it? I’ve got three vehicles to stick on it. One 3 tonne, the other two about 1.5 tonne each.

bruneep

how heavy was the roller they were using to compact it?

MrGrim

No idea, not as big as that one though. Probably a wee sit on job.

topper

Let it go cold then leave it another couple of hours.

T

MrGrim

Cheers. Might put the little van on it tonight and save the other stuff for tomorrow to be sure. Weather is pretty crap up here at the moment anyway, so plenty cold to cool it down.

topper

You can always spray it liberally with a hose to help cooling.

T.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Three days min.

downshep

Longer than your car? 😆

MrGrim

downshep – Member

Longer than your car?

🙄

derek_starship – Member

Three days min.

Ahh, conflicting 🙂

It’s about 30m squared if it makes a difference.

topper

3 days?????

Can you imagine the disruption it would cause if Highways had to remain closd for three days after resurfacing???

T.

mrchrispy

Not an issue for the highways people round here as the resurface **** all!!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

In Spain they’d resurface at night and let the cars through the following morning. I’d say the roads there are better than the roads here, too.

wallop

I work for a company that builds supermarkets – we generally leave 24 hours after surfacing car parks before allowing traffic.

wrightyson
    Free Member

24 hrs plenty! When you say driveway company were they reputable? Any Tarmac is only as good as the sub base!! One pointer tho is drive on, drive off, don’t be giving it full lock sat in one position etc.l

topper

@ Wrightyson.

Surely you just need to mow the lawn/weeds, sprinkle 25mm of sand over it then liberally apply 40mm of slightly warm 6mm DBM…..

T.

wrightyson
    Free Member

😆 @ topper. You know it gets done like that by some firms though.

lodious
    Free Member

When we had ours done, they suggested 24 hours with no cars on, then be careful with steering on it at low speed for a few weeks.

MrGrim

Thanks everyone. Have left it 24 hours to be on the safe side. Will start using it tonight and won’t do any heavy turning.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tarmac Driveway – How Long Before Use’ is closed to new replies.