Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pic of a berlingo type van with a bike inside
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

need to see if a fully built bike will fit inside and easily.

i am off to take a look at a berlingo van/car type thing. the model with seats in the back instead of a van and would like to see how much space id have. i dont want to go there with my dirty dh bike and ask to chuck it in and see lol

thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats 2 bikes down the right hand side with front wheels off and a bed on the left

you can get 3 fully built(large) bikes in the van version with both wheels on if you poke em down the side of the seats and through the gap.

with the seats in and folded up in the car version you will struggle

legend
    Free Member

that bed is awesome 🙂

thegman67

I have a peugeot partner it’s the exact same size as the berlingo I have a giant reignx1 and can fit it only if I angle the bike in I don’t have seats in the back I don’t think u will get a complete bike in

singlespeedstu

Terry.

You treat Jane to a life of luxury when you overnight in that. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

its strictly one man stu ! ive lived in it for a week touring scotland and then i did 6 weeks living in it driving to aberdeen on a monday am and back on friday night. its snug but functional ! (i have showers at work )

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

poo not what i wanted to hear..

might have to give it a miss then. seems like it would be a waste and defy to point in having one lol

thanks guys

scud
    Free Member

I’ve a Berlingo van, van get 2-3 bikes in at slight angle with the front wheel turned, or I’m off to the alps on wednesay with 5 bikes with the front wheels off

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

yes i think the van type would fit me better than the car type berlngo

trail_rat
    Free Member

the vans are cheaper to buy but more expensive to insure ….

car version same age/milage as my van was circa 6.5 grand – insurance 150 Fully comp age 24

van version – 3.5k to buy – 500 third party to insure

still a fair few years of insurance to pay to get it near the cost of the car version

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive had the car, now have the van. The other thing to watch out for is the car has all there little cubby holes all over, including the roof, so I had to wind down my fork or the bars were too high.
    In the van 2 bikes, 2 peeps and all your kit is a piece of piss.

richpips
    Free Member

No pics, but tip the single seat forward and you’ll get any size bike in bar a Penny farthing with the wheels on, in fact you’ll have to wedge a single bike so it doean’t roll about.

Today 2 adult bikes a 20″ a 24″ bike and 4 peeps + camping gear.

Wheels off though.:)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my 160mm forks and 38mm rise bars fit in height wise

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pic of a berlingo type van with a bike inside’ is closed to new replies.