Home Forums Bike Forum Talk to me about Merida OneTwenty/OneForty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Talk to me about Merida OneTwenty/OneForty
    matt_outandabout

As above, anyone got one?

LBS has a 600 in the sale, in my size, in a nice colour.

Seems very well built. Seems heavy (as are all bikes these days). Seems great value at RRP, silly value at sale price…

lister

Merida One-Forty – real world experience

I wasn’t overwhelmed with responses! Still mulling it over…

mrchrist

Gets great reviews. I am considering one too.

Can you go first @matt_outandabout?

suspendedanimation

Looks good and I like z2s.

But, if you didn’t go new, there’s so many decent second hand deals around at the mo. For example I have a Occam (and would really recommend them) and their prices second hand (with spec a lot better than this) seem to only go for 1-1200

matt_outandabout

I will consider secondhand, but any replacement parts quickly ramp up the cost these days.
    If I’m honest I would rather the top spec One Twenty, but this is LBS and not a bad bike by any stretch.
    My only issue is weight, but that’s 29ers with gert big tyres and beefy forks and frame.
    I looked at it yesterday – it’s a lovely thing. Some neat design around the mini mudguard, pivot hardware etc. nice straightforward Deore kit (with 4-pot brakes), DT hubs, etc. It seems well sorted.

We bought a Merida eBike last year and we are very happy with that too.

chakaping

Three words: Headset. Cable. Routing.

Do not encourage or reward that kind of appalling behaviour.

matt_outandabout

Three words: Headset. Cable. Routing.

Yep. Mrs_oab’s Merida has that system.
    It is in fact a neat plastic guide into the frame, it is not more complex than that, and so far has proved faultless in use. Yes to change you have to lower the forks to replace the outers. However, having wrestled some less than helpful frame ports and lack of guides in frames, Merida do seem to have that sorted well, and so it was easier than our old Specialized 6 Fatty, Radon Slide or even Liv Lust to change cable.

matt_outandabout

And for the record – I still wish for external routing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.