Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Talk to me about MatchMaker clamps…
  • frogstomp

What’s the deal with MatchMaker clamps? Are they a standard ‘one size fits all’ solution or (what I suspect) just a generic term for a clamp which can mount multiple controls but which needs to be specific to those controls?

Ultimately what I’m asking is can you attach an Shimano brake lever (XT) and a SRAM shifter lever to the same clamp?

Conan257
    Free Member

I think they’re specific to brake type, but can mount any shifter as long as the shifter has removable clamps…

I’m sure google can help you here!

Painey
    Free Member

I’ve neer personally seen a shimano brake on a SRAM shifter clamp arrangement. I’ve got matchmakers on my bike and my mates shimano xt brakes don’t look like they’ll fit.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I don’t like them because the adjustment is not there for people like me who have weird lever/shifter positions.

pembo6
    Free Member

I was looking into this briefly the other day.

The only info I could find was that most matchmakers would only match Sram/Sram or Shimano/Shimano. But there is a matchmaker (dont remember the brand) that matched Sram shifters with Shimano brake levers. I remember this specifically because I need the opposite and there was not an option available.

But keep looking. You may find something.

frogstomp

Thanks for the info, I did Google but couldn’t find anything particularly conclusive – each type of clamp listed their own products as compatible without explicitly stating that other types were incompatible..

Anyway, after the suggestions above I’ve refined my search a bit and found the following:

MisMatch Adapters (SRAM shifters onto I-Spec levers)
    TrickStuff Adapters (Shimano shifters onto SRAM/Formula/Hope clamps)

Garry_Lager

I think (not certain) that the mounting holes on a brake lever will be pretty similar, so you should get it on the bars OK, but the angle that the matchmaker displays the shifter might vary. I broke two avid matchmakers under v innocuous circumstances, warranty refused, so tried a hope one and it didn’t work. The avid brake fitted but the shifter was pointing at an unusable angle.

spawnofyorkshire

I also have Shimano brakes and SRAM shifters and I’ve been looking at this for a while. I found this linky

but it seems a little steep for what it is. I’m just going to live with my shifter being 10mm from where i want it

ianv
    Free Member

Tried to get a hope brake onto an SRAM one yesterday, the holes dont line up. Seems like everyone thinks it cool to build in some incompatability.

matt1986
    Free Member

I’m looking to get some matchmakers for deore m596 brakes and slx m660 shifters. Has anyone got any idea which would work for this and has anyone tried it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about MatchMaker clamps…’ is closed to new replies.