• This topic has 21 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by root.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Talk to me about budget Saddles?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m looking at the charge spoon, £18 anyone any experience? Comfy? Ballbreaker?

What else is there?

General trail riding, anywhere between 10-30 mile rides.

Mackem

The Charge Spoon is excellent. Very comfy. Doesnt feel like a budget saddle.

globalti
    Free Member

Superb saddle and great value.

My overweight neighbour took up road riding and his bum was killing him, I recommended a Spoon and since then he hasn’t stopped talking about how comfortable it is!

chvck
    Free Member

+1

tacopowell
    Free Member

Globalti sounds like a curry, hang on a minute… 😕

scotroutes

Spoons are great but I find they pack down quite quickly and so need replacing more frequently than the Specialized saddles I also use.

velocipede
    Free Member

Excellent saddles – I got one for £12 on wiggle last year and it’s been excellent!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

+1 for Charge Spoon. Under £20 on ebay – you can’t go wrong.

Madison Flux is similar shape. Think Gusset might do one too.

Nothing else this good for the price!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Charge spoon really comfy for my bum. Have one on the mtb and the tourer.

jam-bo

Spoon. Got one on the road bike as well. 100 miles in relAtive comfort…

dawson

another vote for the Spoon here.

simmy
    Free Member

Spoon +1

To be honest, I only bought one because it matched the bike better 😳 but its been brilliant, really comfy even on long distances.

Got one on my runabout bike as well and did 40 miles couple of weeks back which is a lot for me, but was fine.

The one on my MTB is wearing a bit but I think this with the baggy shorts rubbing but its been used loads over nearly 2 years.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Spoon is about the best thing at that price point.

I use one on my jumpy bike because they’re cheap to replace when my limited talent runs out. Pretty comfy, but I prefer my I Fly for longer rides.

Going off on a slight tangent the original Bel Air was the comfiest saddle ever made.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I bought a spoon due to the rave reviews on here, it is as yet the first and only saddle that I hate!
    I must have an odd shaped arse or something but I would rather ride my carbon Toupe off road than the spoon!

mudfish

Yep, Spoon.

Not as much “relief” as the Spesh ones but good if it suits your shape.
    Not expensive to try either.

How about taking the opposite path: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=151345

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ve had a Gusset R for a couple of years and its comfy, light and still in good nick.

That was £18.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Spoon for me – but if you don’t like it, then it costs nothing to stand up!

RustySpanner

Alternatively, get a leather saddle from Spa Cycles for £35.00.

They’re great.

Scapegoat

Thing about a spoon is that you can get one to try (for £17 at Triton right now) and if you don’t like it eBay it and get most of your money back.
    I’m a fan. I have oneon my HT but spent the first two or three days of last week commuting on my roadbike, to find myself saddle sore by Tuesday night. By Thursday morning Triton had sent me a Spoon, which feels like angels kissing and caressing my perineum in comparison to the Selle Italia X1 that came on my Cube. I have no idea why I put up with it for so long, apart from its colour coordination.

sgn23
    Free Member

On-one Bignose is also worth a try. Though mine got a bit squeaky after about a year. I also rate the Spoon; frankly I can’t see why anyone would spend any more when you have budget saddles this good.

shifter
    Free Member

Like my Spoon but I’m loving the SDG Aliso I got for £12.50 from Wiggle in the sales. Thanks whoever posted that PSA 🙂

root
    Free Member

another spoon here, the best value for money part i’ve bought hands down

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about budget Saddles?’ is closed to new replies.