Home Forums Chat Forum Talk Eastbourne and surrounding areas to me

• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by myti.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Talk Eastbourne and surrounding areas to me
  • winston
    Free Member

Only sandy beach within 45 minutes of Eastbourne is Camber – you could stay in Rye for nice pubs and still access the beach.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Dogsh1t. Chav electro bike wheelies, biddies, chips, depravity and hopelessness. Will shourely be unaffordable soon packed with gentrified londonites

timbur
    Free Member

Sand? It’s Sussex not Dorset!

Lewes is nice albeit the people are very self important.

newhaven has a great pump track btw

zippykona

IMG_20210815_112421_OriginalPlenty of dog running at Bexhill once the tide is out.

kilo

The Gallivant at Camber, bit further than 45 minutes but nice place and bang opposite the beach – nice food in Rye too.

avdave2

newhaven has a great pump track btw

And a sandy beach, you’ll just need ropes to get to it! :-(

lunge

Rye and Camber are looking good I think.

Make the drive back home to the Midlands a pain, but that’s OK.

kilo

Landgate bistro and Marinos chippie in Rye were both very good. We stayed in camber and it was a nice stroll up to Rye of an evening.

wait4me

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FsFz4dgozjx1bRKg8

Brilliant micropub in Rye.

muggomagic

Rye and Camber are looking good I think.

Make the drive back home to the Midlands a pain, but that’s OK.

Could always head the other way and go to West Wittering for sandy beaches, then you’ll be closer to the M3 for the journey home.

West Wittering is near Chichester so on a good run probably 1h15 from Seaford

zilog6128

Brilliant micropub in Rye.

I was in Rye on Sunday and was heading for the Waterworks, but then stumbled (with the help of Untappd!) into the Ypres Castle Inn (next to the castle, funnily enough!) which turned out to be excellent for craft beer, if that’s your bag.

Rye is great though, really quaint. Cobbled streets, etc. Camber sands beach is very close, Dungeoness is not too far either & is quite interesting (there was a thread on here last week!)

Also spent a couple of days in Hastings – the main town area is really grotty, but the seafront/old town is alright. Decent mini-golf, some interesting shops in the old town and not one but two funicular railways! The smugglers cave museum is cool as well. There are a few decent pubs including the Jolly Fisherman which is tiny but has an awesome selection of craft beer, they had a great Swedish IPA from Apex on tap when we visited!

Harry_the_Spider

Another vote for Rye.

spooky_b329

Newhaven East Beach has a bit of sand (at least when the tide isn’t all the way in) but pebbles to get to it.

It’s a decent walk from seaford along a concrete path at the back of the beach (via tidemills) or you can cycle there via a decent cycle track separated from the road, or drive (car park behind tidemills).

Pevensey also has some sandy sections on the beach.  Both beaches uncrowded.

myti
    Free Member

My mum lives in Seaford. No great pubs there unfortunately but a nice walk up onto the white cliffs or along the beach. For good pubs head out to The Cricketers at Berwick for a really nice country pub with a lovely garden and decent food, or if you want a bit posher The Star in Alfriston (had it’s own TV programme as it was being done up by Alex Polizzi) or the Plough and Harrow at Littlington. Take the dog for a nice long walk in Friston forest and down to Cuckmere haven only 10 minutes from Seaford. If you want some culture then Brighton is only half an hour away. Endless choice of great pubs and restaurants, music and museums.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.