Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Talk about captive audience based misfortune.
  • Kryton57

I took my car to get the Air Con re gassed earlier. The nice chap left it ticking over and whilst I was paying, my Rad burst all over the floor with massive steam based special effects.

That’s gonna cost, but luckily for me they can do the work *cries*

P.S. There goes the winter bike *cries more*

camo16
    Free Member

Yowsers.

Was this coincidental rad-burstage then? Nothing to do with the works being carried out?

* feels OP’s pain ref winter bike *

z1ppy

Hey better than half way home, middle of winter, @ a traffic lights. Go to pull off, look in rear view mirror, see clouds of smoke… think **** the cars on fire… pulls away and pull over asap (to avoid blocking the junction) & luckily it was just a plastic pipe. Which cost me £20 and 3-4hr awaiting the AA

camo16
    Free Member

luckily it was just a plastic pipe

Damn those plastic pipes. They don’t half smoke.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Memeber of the AA? Get it towed home/another garage. At worst £100 for a rad from a scrappy (at best tighten a jubilie clip or a new hose) and £20 of coolant.

Kryton57

What zippykona said – I WAS going on a 200mile round trip for work tomorrow, the day before I go on Holiday.

It was a cracked expansion tank, common on E46 of age I know this myself, but about £280 to fix.

Whats more worrying is E46 engines are very sensitive to overheating* to the point of catastophic failure in minutes, so once they’ve replace the tank, I’ll await to see if the engine works any more. Fingers crossed.

*according to the internet

br
    Free Member

Its not just E46 engines, I had an E39 V8 and you had to keep an eye on that too – but then when they put in thermostats and waterpumps with plastic parts what do they expect…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What zippykona said – I WAS going on a 200mile round trip for work tomorrow, the day before I go on Holiday.
    It was a cracked expansion tank, common on E46 of age I know this myself, but about £280 to fix.
    Whats more worrying is E46 engines are very sensitive to overheating* to the point of catastophic failure in minutes, so once they’ve replace the tank, I’ll await to see if the engine works any more. Fingers crossed.
    *according to the internet

Haven’t you used your car allowance yet? 🙂

Kryton57

deadlydarcy – Member

Haven’t you used your car allowance yet?

Well naturally I was leaving that to use to pay of some of the mortgage, I guess I’ll have to use £280 of it now…. 8) 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Talk about captive audience based misfortune.’ is closed to new replies.