Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • tailored suits for sexy people
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i’d consider increasing the budget a bit as fingers crossed it’ll be a suit i wear for more than just one day 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Planning on getting married again then?

transapp
    Free Member

Anyone who thinks relatonships suck

Havn’t been married very long 😳

I’ll get me coat…

Oh, and for suits, I’ve got a lovely looking hugo boss pinstripe, but in all fairness it’s not a great deal better than a M&S one for 1/3 the price. Nice label though (I’m a dick). Wish I could still get in the bloody thing! Anyone want a 40R with 34 trousers slim fit suit?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Slaters would be another good shop to go to if there’s one by you. Staff are normally pretty knowledgeable, wide range of brands to try and you get free lifetime alterations on your suit.

TooTall
    Free Member

You just have to go and try suits on. Brands will do different cuts and fits so you just need to see what fits your frame. With the current trend for slimmer fits there are more waisted suit jackets around which sounds more like what you are after. If you are working so hard to buff up there might not be the time to get a suit made to measure (not bespoke) that close to the occasion, so sounding out the brands (get to Slaters, Suits You, Lewins, Reed etc) and try them on.

emsz
    Free Member

Phil, bear in mind though, you’re just there to make mrsconsequence look good…you do know that right?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil, bear in mind though, you’re just there to make mrsconsequence look good…you do know that right?

You haven’t seen my dress emsz! Fancy being my +1?

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Look at the slim fit range in M&S. pretty good value and tailoring’s ok.

For a contemporrararary look, check our Reiss. I have two suits from them and they seem to understand how a suit can fit a slim physique. Ted Baker seem to think that all blokes are box shaped!

TM

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont worry emsz… i’m planning the whole day with her in mind, the suit is pretty much the only thing i’m doing for myself 🙂

bobbyg81
    Free Member

My favourite suit is from French Connection. Not boxy but not that stupid Dior-a-like slim fitting nonsense. Excellent quality and extremely comfortable.

If youre wearing a shirt with a standard collar then go for a Thomas Pink shirt. Theyre the best shirts sensible money can buy.

binners

I have solved all your problems

The watchword for quality

No need to thank me Philly 😀

Sam

At your budget I wouldn’t bother trying to go down the made to measure route. Another difficulty (apart from cost) is that if you expect to change body shape between now and the big day, what you are measured for now may not fit then. I would wait until closer to the day, try lots of things on, see what fits best (and more importantly feels best), and go with that. Slight alterations to a good quality OTP suit can give a pretty good result.

theotherjonv

check out King and Allen; I got one made there last year and makes my wife want to be seen with me, which is recommendation enough.

http://www.kingandallen.co.uk

philconsequence
    Free Member

torminalis once told me that a good suit is to women, what lingerie is to men 😀

loadsa great advice, thanks guys!

TooTall
    Free Member

torminalis once told me that a good suit is to women, what lingerie is to men

What – something you only wear when the missus is out and the curtains are closed?

😳

strongbow
    Free Member

Check out TK Max before going anywhere else, you never know what they’ll have in, often old stock from Moss Bros and the like. I picked up a slim-fit DKNY suit last year for pennies that even Mrs Strongbow approved of.

metal_leg
    Free Member

I heard good things about this lot:

A Suit That Fits

MrSmith
    Free Member

Slight alterations to a good quality OTP suit can give a pretty good result.

that’s what i ended up doing, probably cost as much as a lower end bespoke but the alterations were done in house by a very competent seamstress/tailor and impossible to spot where the alterations were done.
    i think you have to find a ‘brand’ with a house style you like and a cut that fits you.
    i went to Nicole Farhi in the end after looking at Aquascutem/PS and a few others.
    wearing a suit that fits you well soon makes you realise how shit other people look in ones that don’t

AND DONT FORGET THE SHOES!
    a nice suit is pointless without impeccable choice of footwear (grenson/cheaney/barker/sanders/trickers etc etc)

makkag
    Free Member

sugestion . have a look in TKMaxx for suits – i regularly get from in there I have recently got a Cerutti one £140, Simon Carter £99 and two Calvin ones at 160 a pop .. spent about 20 quid getting them taylored just the way i want and Et voila ! .. I am lucky as im a very standard shape for suits so may not be good for eveyone .. but my closest one in watford usualy has a massive selection .. worth a gander

philconsequence
    Free Member

hmmm TKmaxx did have some swanky looking suits in when i wandered around the other day…. all the odd bin type sizes though. would rather find something that fits as best as possible before getting it altered than trying to make a tent look good as it were 🙂

thank you again everyone!

saleem
    Free Member

Need a nice shirt, tie and pocket square and shoes too, there’s another £400/£500

philconsequence
    Free Member

shirt is all planned, no tie or pocket square… might be going barefoot like mrsconsequence.

its not you’re normal wedding, which is handy as we can tweak it to save hundreds lol

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

might be going barefoot like mrsconsequence.

And ruin your new suit trousers in the process.

philconsequence
    Free Member

potentially… i did say ‘might’ 😛

probably end up with shoes, not sure my fluffy imitation bear feet slippers will set the suit off as nice as i imagined.

fasthaggis

Phil ,forget the suit 😆

wwaswas

Brown loafers! With that outfit? 😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

its the pretty bows on the socks that do it for me, almost morris danceresque. i have the strangest…

saleem
    Free Member

There must be s tailor near you, where you based.

fasthaggis

or boots and a nice wedding hat 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m based next to swinley forest (camberley/bracknell) but work in Reading.

if i can avoid having to go into london for this i’d be a happy mayn.

yunki
    Free Member

Matalan is your friend.. 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Oh, and get a plain navy suit.

if you want to look like you just left a very boring office job.

brakes
    Free Member

left a very boring office job leaving a trail of fawning ladies 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

did you steal a block of post-it notes and head of supplies sent the intern after you?

BigJohn

This is for you

scaredypants

Can I just check – is brown suede out now ?

djflexure

Look at the Austin Reed online sale.
    Crackin suits – I’ve just received two today for 200 (but that was with a deal they ran last week).
    Quality blows Ted Baker etc out of the water.

Weasel
    Free Member

Best fitting suit i have is a Timothy Everest M&S suit, I read yesterday that Richard James is doing a line of suits for M&S due out later in the month. Also John Lewis have a few odd final clearance Richard James ‘Mayfair’ suits online, bit hit & miss with the sizing though.

As above TK Maxx have a few decent suits, but be prepared to rummage!

martinxyz
    Free Member

You could go for a Mr Bathing Ape tweed jacket (currently in the sale if you look around) and maybe have enough change for a pair of ill fitting wrangler jeans to go with it ;O)

emsz
    Free Member

Mrsconsequence going barefoot is sooo cool 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘tailored suits for sexy people’ is closed to new replies.