• This topic has 42 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cozz.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • T4 van buying advice – Do I take a loan?
  • gazerath
    Free Member

I’ve talked myself out of it. Plan now is to try putting money aside each month and see how I get on and then save towards a van. I will own one, one day!

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

You’ll need a loan just for the repair bills, especially with the 2.5 engine. Steer clear if I were you… Lovely looking vans and practical too, just very poor engine design on the 2.5. High miler like you describe is asking for trouble.

Not as cool, but a good old Ford Transit would be cheaper to buy, and maintain. You just won’t look coolll

What an utter load of rubish , i’ve actually owned a Transit , it cost me a damn sight more in repairs than my current T5 has .

Oh and the T5 has about 55,000 more miles on it.

The 2.5 engine in the T4 is a cracking engine , a little noisey but has torque you just won’t get from a 4 pot motor , Volvo can’t be wrong either.

cozz
    Free Member

yeah, some nonsense here

the 2.5 5cyl engine is great, highly regarded

I had a T4 for work, bought with 60k on it, sold 3 years later with 180k on it losing £200 51 plate

engine never needed anything, drove a solid 11 hours to germany in it once

did replace it with fast high spec transit, which is quicker and comfier to be fair

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘T4 van buying advice – Do I take a loan?’ is closed to new replies.