Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Syntace X12
  • timidwheeler

I need a replacement X12 thru bolt. I am struggling to find one. Anyone know anyone selling one or if any of the other standards are compatible?
    Cheers for any help.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Syntace or DT Swiss, they’re quite expensive. you can buy a DT Swiss one from CRC for £25

I’m also pretty sure the Shimano and Sram 142 axles are not the same.

timidwheeler

It’s a Syntace one.

ratherbeintobago

It’s a Syntace one.

What B.A.Nana was driving at is that DT make a Syntace X-12 compatible RWS skewer.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, it wasn’t a question, it was a statement 🙂
    search CRC in Quick Releases, I don’t think there’s any cheaper alternative, unfortunately.

timidwheeler

Sorry, I think the DT one is out of stock at CRC.

ratherbeintobago
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

^The description is right, but the picture is wrong. I would contact them first to confirm it is definitely the X-12.
    The other alternative is a Syntace X-12 axle from Germany.

timidwheeler

Cheers, Bike discount were the best I could find. I might just bite the bullet and go with them. Just hope I don’t puncture in the next week. Thanks again for the help guys.

slackalice
    Free Member

Err, the one on bike discount that’s linked is for a 157mm width, not 142mm.

They do have a DT X-12 one at 142 though. Quite pricey.

Just in case

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Bike24.com have them (just bought one from them…)
    €28 …http://www.bike24.com/p226092.html
    Plus €5 delivery…..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I spotted what slackalice alludes to and assumed it must be overall length of the axle as oppossed to the 142 dropout measurement, because the pic is of the correct axle (but it could be a wrong pic 😕 ). What he/she links to quoted as a tool free DT Swiss X-12 and quite expensive is also the wrong picture, it should look like this (what I have on my bike)

So many websites seem to have the wrong pics and/or wrong text, I’m now starting to doubt my own knowledge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m assuming you have tried this but walk into a bike shop and ask for one, if they don’t have it in stock they will get hold of the importer and if there are any there get one ordered for you??

timidwheeler

Cheers Mike tried that. They didn’t have one and couldn’t get one. Will try Bike 24. Again thanks all for the help. I was a little surprised at how difficult this is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Syntace X12’ is closed to new replies.