Home Forums Bike Forum Swych motors?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Swych motors?
  • FOG

My daughter in law is looking at one of these for her city bike for fairly short commutes and has asked me for my opinion. I know nothing! Anybody had any experience with them? Where we live is fairly hilly but otherwise it would have an easy life.

tjagain

expensive for what they are IMO but I have not used one.  Plenty of better / cheaper kits out there IMO.  BB mount motors are better for hilly areas.

genecheeseman
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few years, and it is great for the daily commute (7 miles, then a longer 13 mile route back).

I ordered a second battery charger that I keep at work to charge it.

It’s one of the original handle bar mounted ones, so looks slightly odd. But when you unclip it (to charge), it just pretty much looks like a normal bike.

The most recent version that straps to the inside of the frame looks really good, and the 60 mile range claim is impressive, on the most expensive one.

I get an average of 20miles (varying power settings) out of mine.

I’d really like to order the newest version, for an old rusty p7 bike frame I plan to repurpose as a commuter, but can’t really justify the spend, while the current swytch bike set up is working so well.

I did buy one of those ‘buzzbike’ city hire type bikes off CRC for £500 when they were doing some absolute bargains, however- it is now stuck in one of the two gear settings, which is going to be a headache to try and fix. It’s a baffang motor. (Think it needs stripping down, and some contacter spray generously applied, as I suspect that it is a stuck relay).

The swytch is much better.

But obviously no bosch motor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.