Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Switching from VW Polo 1.4 to Honda Civic 1.6 Imagine VTEC
  • singhedinburgh
    Free Member

Switching from VW Polo 1.4 to Honda Civic 1.6 Imagine VTEC, is it a good choice.??as I have got engine light issues on VW and don’t want to spend too much

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

EM light could be lots of things. You want to chuck a car without knowing what it is? Get the software and lead off ebay for under a tenner and find out what it is and maybe reset it.

LoCo
    Free Member

Passat lit up like a christmas tree last week, it was only the brake switch that caused a load of other fault codes to be activated, £60 fix. So I’d get the Polo ‘computered’ to see first.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some cars turn on the engine management light if the petrol cap isn’t on properly. Seriously.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

The torque app is quite useful. Costs about 13 quid including the OBD adapter and can read/clear fault codes and does various other cool thinfgs.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you got RAC cover etc?

If so pull up at the side of the road, give them a call and say your getting a warning light. They will come out and diagnose it for you and wont cost anything

br
    Free Member

If its this side of 2001 just get an ODB2 reader and find out, less than £30.

Mine showed me that my engine light was coming on due to failing Lambda sensors – £70 the pair.

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

how can I buy the software to check the fault???

@FunkyDunc, I like the idea of calling RAC

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

Guys, my mechanic said that you cannot check through computer about fault in Engine oil warning light

Is that Truee???

yesiamtom
    Free Member

have you checked there is enough oil ?

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

Yes I have got the fulll service done with new engine oil

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I am no expert but I think Engine Oil light is …well only for engine oil levels unlike other things. You could have a leak!

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

yesiamtom – thats what I can’t figure out…it gives beeps when I started moving the car….

br
    Free Member

how can I buy the software to check the fault???

You don’t need the software, just plug in the Reader and it will give you the fault codes. Some are generic and others just need to be googled:

Like this:

http://www.bluejag.co.uk/diagnosticcodes.php

mk1fan
    Free Member

Switching from VW Polo 1.4 to Honda Civic 1.6 Imagine VTEC

Strange way to come out, but well done. Very brave. Best of luck.

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

Mk1Fan – I am not going to do now as I have seen from above responses that yes its not a big thing not to get resolved.

B r – Is reader is easily available in market?

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I do like your username.

Afraid I think your only option is to google a lot. Could be a lot of things which are impossible to diagnose without seeing a car.

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

V-CHECKER Reader Volkswagen Professional VAG cost for 69 quid..is there any cheap one available.

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

Thanks yesiamtom, looks lke your name is Tom!

I am doing the same thing and moreover will try that RAC guy to visit me and check for the same.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Back in you go then. :mrgreen:

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

🙂

professor_fate
    Free Member

My Skoda has a vw 1.4 engine and i got myself a fault-code reader this which is really useful. As the Honda equivalent is a whole lot more expensive and vw spares are pretty cheap and plentiful, i’d give your car more of a chance before jumping ship (but if you did go to Honda it’s a fine brand, along with Toyota!).

br
    Free Member

]B r – Is reader is easily available in market?

Yes, try googling it… 🙄

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

[this which is really useful. As the Honda equivalent is a whole lot more expensive and vw spares are pretty cheap and plentiful, i’d give your car more of a chance before jumping ship (but if you did go to Honda it’s a fine brand, along with Toyota!). ]

I know Honda’s parts are very expensive…but now I am going to try with VW issue and when its completely done then only I will think so…

How much reader costed you for?

professor_fate
    Free Member

How much reader costed you for?

er, it’s in the link…

singhedinburgh
    Free Member

All – Today I went to Tomson Motors referred on singletrack…this guy checked the oil pressure which is absolutely fine. Now he wants to hear the sound, going to park my car in his garage and will start in morning if it comes…

Any more suggestions

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Switching from VW Polo 1.4 to Honda Civic 1.6 Imagine VTEC’ is closed to new replies.