Home Forums Chat Forum Switching from SRAM Hyperglide to SRAM HD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Switching from SRAM Hyperglide to SRAM HD
  • tomunderhill
    Free Member

Hi – I have a 2018 Turbo Levo comp with SRAM components.  It’s 11 speed with an 11 tooth smallest sprocket.  I ordered some wheels and accidently ordered a SRAM HD freehub body.  Could I order a new 11 speed cassette to fit with a 10 tooth smallest sprocket?  I was thinking of things like rear mech compatibility and even if the chainstays will be too high!  The wheels are Hunt E-MTB All Mountain.  Boost hubs if it makes a differentc.

nixie

You mean SRAM XD not HD. Yes you could, or you could order a HG freehub for the wheels which will likely be cheaper (you then use your existing cassette). SRAM XD cassettes tend to be more expensive, something I’d want to avoid with an ebike chewing the drive chain up. SRAM HG cassettes are cheaper and you can also then use similarly cheap Shimano or Sunrace models.

tomunderhill
    Free Member

Thanks very much.  Sorry, yes, XD.  You’re right about the cassette prices – wow!

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

Pretty sure drivers for hunt hubs are about £50, so much cheaper than a sram cassette.

But, if you need to replace chain and cassette soon anyway the xd system is a bit lighter than the HG or microspline, so rhat may swing it for you.

Edit: I reckon xd cassetes last longer too, so that helps get some of the investment back as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.