Home Forums Bike Forum Swinley Summit – Any Members/Regulars?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by J-R.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Swinley Summit – Any Members/Regulars?
  • jfab

Having ignored Swinley for a few years in favour of QECP I’ve been back a few times recently and enjoyed the change, and the skills area at The Summit looks like quite good fun! It looks like now you can do monthly membership or also buy a batch of day passes (5 visits over 6 months) but I was just wondering what people thought, and whether there’s anything that doesn’t work as well as they’d hoped in terms of access, riding times, busy periods etc.?

From a look at the calendar it seems like Open Sessions are normally Thursday/Friday evenings and Weekends until ~4pm which I think would work well for me anyway, does the number of sessions reduce in winter? To be honest I’m more likely to want to use it in the winter when my local trails are a bit waterlogged.

Thanks!

James

razorrazoo

You can buy a single use ticket (only the once) as a trial, costs about a tenner.  I’ve been a handful of times and it’s OK for a couple of hours but there’s not enough there to keep me coming back (though I’ve not done the complete big gap line), especially now there’s the Bikini jump line over at the clubhouse trails which has a set of 4 smallish tables followed by a set of 3 larger ones down the bottom, which is free to use and a more fun line.

jfab

Yep I’ve had a play on the new jump line, and that’s what made me think a few skills/play sessions on the Summit might be fun or useful (hopefully both!). Maybe I’ll do the trial as you can’t go wrong for £10, and then buy a pack of day passes if I enjoy that. I don’t think I’d get my moneys worth with the monthly membership, certainly over the summer.

J-R

Sorry, slight hi-jack: has anyone been to Swinley in the last couple of days and know if it’s dry or not yet?

masterdabber
    Free Member

Sorry, slight hi-jack: has anyone been to Swinley in the last couple of days and know if it’s dry or not yet?

I was there towards the end of last week. The Blues were fine, the early number Reds were very wet but better further in. Berminator and Babymaker were fine,  the new Bikini was closed.

J-R
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.