Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swinley Forest…..
  • tymbian
    Free Member

How do I get to the Black? None of the named sections are signed..

gee
    Free Member

It’s not that black… Just a narrow bit of root trail with a couple of root down/up bits. It’s a right turn before you get to the section prior to seagull.

tymbian
    Free Member

Where is Seagull? Sections are only numbered..

paulrogers6

It’s ‘tween markers 6 & 7 on the red.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523065927750413&set=a.509974255726247.1073741828.501726969884309&type=1&theater

In all honesty there’s little difference ‘tween blue, red and black.

P

smatkins1
    Free Member

I ride there a lot, and didn’t even know that was there!

Is there more black route to be built?

andymc06
    Free Member

Sadly nothing planned. It should not be considered black. As stated above it is a very small rooty section. Not worth seeking out.

tymbian
    Free Member

Thanks for that..

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ve heard that there are many hidden gems at Swinley: maybe these could be incooperated so as to be able tofurther skill levels. As much as I love blasting around the blue and red a few more techy sections would be a bonus.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The “Black” I don’t think is officially that but was suggested. It’s just the old Satan’s Grotto trail which is very short and no longer in any way challenging after having had some work on it to bridge the bog and smooth the roots. In my Swinley grading it’s almost a red (with the red being blue and the blue being green 😛 ). Or at least would be by Welsh standards.

Other hidden gems… there are none 😉 (as far as the general public is concerned. “Local trails for local people, there’s nothing for you here”).

That said. Being more serious, follow Trail Team Swinley on FB and Twitter for progress on trail developments. In the main the plans going forward are I believe related to developing the Freeride and DH areas, which have been given the go ahead last I heard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest…..’ is closed to new replies.