Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Swinley conditions
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Muddy I guess but has the rain from last week drained enough?

JonLucas
    Free Member

Conditions are improving by the day but it is that time of year.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh well. I’ll give it a shot then it’s not like the mud is claggy either.

thepurist

Yep, it’s drying out and firming up quite quickly. Only trouble this week (half term) is the sparse covering of teenagers on oversized jump bikes that are appearing all over the place 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m going there this weekend – woohoo! The weather’s meant to be nice for a change 😀

fingerbike
    Free Member

Was out yesterday, trails were pretty good, couple of muddy patches but seems to have cleared, just avoid the fireroad to surrey hill where they are doing the pipework its a mess… The teenagers were out in force on babymaker and the gulley yesterday, there is a ton of rubbish at babymaker again…

Any thought on organising a STW group ride now the weathers improving?

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m seeing cinnamon_girl at the weekend so will have a chat 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Max – it’s still pretty muddy! It was damp here yesterday and today so the drying out that was happening has taken a step backwards.

Car park has been absolutely heaving, managed to lose my bike computer this afternoon. Retraced my tracks and didn’t find it, boo hoo!

You’re not seriously wanting another STW Forum Ride surely??!! Trust me, the conditions in January were much better than they are now!!

Aleigh and I will be pootling around there at the weekend so we’ll have a natter.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Went out last sunday. It was absolutely fine. Little muddy in places, but if that’s too much, its time to think of a new hobby.

smurf
    Free Member

I’m hoping to be there this Sunday – early morning start though. Hoping to re-trace the forum ride on the Garmin 705 I picked up recently.

smurf

nickc

Aleigh, You guys going Saturday or Sunday?

cinnamon_girl

nickc – probably Saturday, lunch at the cafe followed by some singletrack. Do you want showing around?

aleigh
    Free Member

we’re going saturday 😆

gusamc
    Free Member

will anybody be about Sat early (9ish) ??

aleigh
    Free Member

i’m getting to cg’s at about 10, we normally arrive around 11 or 12 after we’ve had a girlie chat 😆

nickc

Ah, no busy Saturday, friends coming over, I was half thinking about going, as the Chilts are probably still knee deep. But maybe Sunday for me. (don’t need showing around though, thanks.) 😉

forge197
    Free Member

was still some muddy bits on Tuesday but also plenty of bits that weren’t

cinnamon_girl

Waves to forge! Would Mrs forge like to join us or will it be too late for you?

scott – think of a new hobby should I? Knitting perhaps?!

atlaz
    Free Member

If I’m up early enough I’ll be there Sat 8am for a quick thrash around and possible the London ride on the Sunday.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

scott – think of a new hobby should I? Knitting perhaps?!

Apparently either knitting or taking things personally.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ll be there Sunday although probably not starting until about 1030 hours as mate we’re meeting coming off nights.

forge197
    Free Member

waves to CG think we are doing 8.00am Sat and 9.00am on Sunday we will be eating cake just as your heading out 🙂 Mrs Forge will mail you to see if you are around next Saturday……

cinnamon_girl

forge – OK, what early birds you are!

Sun is shining here this morning 8)

Everyone else – have a good time at Swinley and might see some of you there.

sharki
    Free Member

you may well do 😉

Mike59

Just come back from a Swinley ride. Much improved since last Sunday.

As mentioned above, one of the trails downhill from Surrey hill (not sure the name, but one with loads of berms and table-tops) looked like someone had been fly-tipping there :x. Wasn’t there last Sunday, so can only have been the half-term mob. Don’t understand why they want to trash somewhere they enjoy being – we’re not talking about just a couple of crisp packets and a coke bottle.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Swinley conditions’ is closed to new replies.