Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swine Flu/Manflu
  • AndyP
    Free Member

(ignore for a moment the sweeping generalisations within)

99% of the time, a man gets a cold, and women make sarcastic comments about 'manflu'.

Swine Flu media-led hysterical panic hits the country, and it's the women who are running around screaming we're all going to die at the slightest hint of a sniffle; whereas the men say 'it's just a cold'.

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

I think David Mitchells deconstruction of the Man Flu myth pretty much hits the nail on the head. (WORK WARNING: Link goes to video with audio that will autoplay).

samuri
    Free Member

uhuh. I've yet to meet any of these men who cower under the covers the instant they get a sniffle. All the men I know will still make it into work even if one of their arms has fallen off. "It's only a scratch."

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm with Samuri – these manflu suffering men must all hang out somewhere I dont go.

zokes
    Free Member

+1

flange
    Free Member

I have swineflu at the moment – I'm still working, although from home so as to not infect everyone at work

Mrs F is wrapped in a duvet shivering on the settee – she also has the dreaded lurgy.

Hear
    Me
    Roar

uplink
    Free Member

The women at out place take 2.3 times the sick leave that the men do – in 2008 anyway

Our HR were horrified that I'd checked the numbers
    & they didn't even think it was a good idea to investigate further 😕

Jim-bob
    Free Member

At least it hasn't mutated into swanflu yet

bowglie

At least it hasn't mutated into swanflu yet

Wow, can you imagine…flu sufferers who might break yer arm with their flu-mutant wings if you look at 'em funny 😯

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swine Flu/Manflu’ is closed to new replies.