Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Swansea to London
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

coming out from under my stone I have to go to London on Wednesday from Swansea. Anyone from S Wales know Is it worth part driving – what does anyone else do – train fair a bit scary.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m Cardiff, but Train every time for me – reserve a seat, get in, read book, get off a few hours later.

Ambrose

I often drive from Brynamman to London, it’s tedious but not difficult. Whereabouts are you going?

molgrips
    Free Member

I always take the train when someone else pays. Also sometimes when I’m paying, but I have to book well in advance and get the cheap fares etc.

I put my bike on the train to but that’s made a bit harder now you need a reservation. But thne I can ride down the station and ride around in London when I get there. But then again I generally know where I am going.

If I had to drive, I’d keep on the M4 until it ends then keep going straight on until I get to Hammersmith, then park at the multi-storey above Hammersmith tube. Not the nicest approach, but it’s convenient.

Also parked in Hayes before. Come to think of it, you could probably park at Heathrow too.

Ambrose

I use Justpark to find parking near to a tube station- Hammersmith is always pretty useful.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Right slap bang in the middle – Fitzrovia.

Ambrose

Who’s paying?

SaxonRider

I and/or my son travel to London from Cardiff frequently. I either drive, or take the bus (for economy’s sake).

The train also works, but is bloody expensive.

No matter what way you choose, it is very straightforward, and relatively comfortable.

allthegear
    Free Member

hmm – I used to live in Fitzrovia. And I once lived in Swansea. Never travelled directly between the two, though.

This wasn’t helpful, was it??

Rachel

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’m paying – I might set off on my bike in a minute.

Ambrose

Book parking online now, check it is OK and then hop in the car and just drive in the morning. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy.

gowerboy

I use the train when I go for work…. But it’s expensive if you don’t book in advance. Can’t recommend driving as it’s very boring, potentially stressful and on a route so well served by public transport, it seems wrong to subject the world to my pollution just so I can move about a bit.

That leaves the bus. Bus isn’t so expensive and may be a good compromise?

Ambrose

gowerboy speaks the truth.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

National express are ok.

The_king_is_dead
    Free Member

Register with BlaBla car and see if anyone else is making the journey?!

(It’s a car sharing app, I’m not responsible if you’re murdered, chopped into tiny bits and flushed down the toilet st a truckers cafe)

ctk
    Free Member

Bus from cdf is fine in my experience and cheaper than petrol never mind parking.

Klunk
    Free Member

See if you can split the ticket, if you ask nicely at the ticket office they should tell you the cheapest options, you can play around with the online stuff but it takes time to work it out.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I think I’ve found a ticket but which involves me going to Neath in the wee small hours which is a bit of a worry.

I’m such a hick – all too stressful.

Ambrose

Massive carpark in Neath, you’ll be fine.

Are your jabs up to date?

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Line is closed for the first train up on Wednesday morning, so Neath is first stop unless you fancy a bus trip from Swansea to Neath.
    Tried Newport? I used to parkway there a lot when I was based at Bristol. Quite a bit of on street parking around the station to avoid paying the NCP parking charges at the station.

I do Swansea – London by train daily…..but I drive the train 😉

Ambrose

Do you do ‘mates rates’?

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Wish I could. I could make a killing on commission

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’ll wave ally as i’m on that first train.

revs1972
    Free Member

Last time I was up in London , we parked in Maidenhead train station car park ( drove from Torquay), and caught train in from there. Was a pleasant journey and not expensive.
    Was in the T4 so not allowed into the LEZ

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Swansea to London’ is closed to new replies.