Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Suspect Cotic Bfe Ad
  • Dylan08
    Free Member

Apologies if already been done, but this one looks fishy even down to the Mini Moto in the background !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mens-mountain-bike-/321286284202?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4ace27a3aa

adrec
    Free Member

This would be hilarious if it wasn’t some robbing pikey scrotum flogging someone’s pride and joy

chakaping
    Free Member

Fishier than Captain Birdseye’s beard.

Dylan08
    Free Member

ditto – looks a pretty specific build – hopefully the real owner will spot this post!

adrec
    Free Member

Is there a way to report the ad? Can’t see a button to on the mobile site

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Is there a way to report the ad? Can’t see a button to on the mobile site

Ebay don’t care

ruffride
    Free Member

Arnt they 36s with a qr through them may just be some young lad selling it has a pw 50 in the shed

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

“…cotic(Be) frame for more stability”

Thanks.

robhughes
    Free Member

There’s also a phone number for it on gumtree.Hope he gets nicked.

matther01
    Free Member

“liquid brakes”!!!!

ragger
    Free Member

Obviously nicked, “liquid brakes” “cotic(BE) frame for more stability…”.
    As mentioned above, it’s a pretty specific set up and the fact that it’s listed as simply a “men’s mountain bike” is another tell-tail.

crocodilian
    Free Member

“…frame for more stability…”.

Selling a zimmer frame?

angryratio
    Free Member

clearly looks like another persons pride and joy.

jaymoid

eBay seller feedback: 0
    I’ve done a quick google to see if I can find out if it has been reported stolen but doesn’t look like any of them.

Is there anything that can be done? It would be good if there was a central place people could report stolen bikes to. Does that already exist? (Don’t say the police as I’m sure this isn’t their no 1 priority!)

Bazz

Mmmm.. in Orpington as well, not far from me and has a bad reputation for less than honest travelling folk.

llama

More stability
    Such liquid
    Very cotic

Wow

yossarian
    Free Member

Very dodgy ad – looks like a nicked bike for sure

Mmmm.. in Orpington as well, not far from me and has a bad reputation for less than honest travelling folk

**** comment, disregard.

torihada
    Free Member

robhughes – Member
    There’s also a phone number for it on gumtree.Hope he gets nicked.
    POSTED 20 HOURS AGO #

What’s the number: can’t find it on gumtree. Want to pass the number on as it looks like it’s my friends bike.

jaymoid

Thanks^ on the off-chance it disappears on gumtree 0x7x9x5x8x0x6x9x1x2x0

(just added x’s so it didn’t turn up in google/other searches)

torihada
    Free Member

thanks to all. Details passed onto mate (who thinks its his). We shall see what happens…..

matther01
    Free Member

Hope your mate does get it back.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Hopefully bike & owner will be reunited.

Hopefully the bloke that is trying to sell it ends up with a few bruises!

vorlich
    Free Member

Minimoto a clear indication the seller is a ****.

p8ddy
    Free Member

I messaged the guy asking for a frame number – and telling him where he could find it. He hasn’t replied.

Doesn’t mean it’s stolen, but it’s not looking good given the description and the radio silence on frame numbers.

Sad thing is there’s now a bid on it, and he *will* sell it on.

edward2000
    Free Member

Get your friend to tell the police ASAP. Contact the currently bidder to tell him it’s possibly stolen and the police may take it away, which may cost him his hard earned. This way the guy may withdraw his bid or never pay the seller

godzilla
    Free Member

I messaged the guy asking for a frame number – and telling him where he could find it. He hasn’t replied.

Probably now a wise thing to do, no point spooking him IMHO.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Surely the owner of the bike should just make sure he wins the bidding?

p8ddy
    Free Member

godzilla…

I asked for it as part of a wider set of questions, and framed it as an inquiry so I could find out the year of the bike and if it would fit me…

Even if he deletes the auction, it will make no difference to the cops – they have an ‘ask a question, get an answer’ setup with ebay. The current status of the ad makes no odds. What *will* matter is if the cops can be bothered following it up. I had a great experience with the police on this front, but different forces have different priorities.

If he does remove it just makes it harder for him to sell. Anyone bidding on the off chance it might be their bike simply runs the risk of buying a different stolen bike and losing their money.

godzilla
    Free Member

I dont agree, if i was selling a hooky bike and someone started asking about frame numbers i would end the auction move the bike somewhere else, whiteout a physical bike to recover the owner looses out.

Weasel
    Free Member

That’s for sale in my manor, will post up on my clubs forum to see if anyone knows the owner

torihada
    Free Member

As mentioned further up the thread, its in all likelihood my mates bike. He has the details and is going to contact his insurance company and the police. If there’s any further outcome I’ll post here, otherwise I’d leave it there.

p8ddy
    Free Member

godzilla…

Proof of the puding is in the eating. The auction is still there.

And regardless, if the police act they’ll still get his name and address. There’s far more chance someone unscrupulous will see a mega cheap BFE on gumtree and buy it without caring that it’s nicked.

Lucky you’re not the bike thief, eh? 😉

CalamityJames
    Free Member

torihada hope this ends well and your mate gets his bike back. you mentioned the advert being in orpington, is this near where your mate lives or has it been stolen and moved on?

torihada
    Free Member

torihada hope this ends well and your mate gets his bike back. you mentioned the advert being in orpington, is this near where your mate lives or has it been stolen and moved on?

we’re local

bobbyspangles

put a ridiculously big bid in, I did this recently then called police and waited. they recovered my bike.
    hope you get it back.

torihada
    Free Member

Well done to Dylan08; your detective work has led to the recovery of a stolen bike. Thanks, on behalf of my mate, to the STW searchlight.

plyphon
    Free Member

thats dope!!!

did the arrest the scrote?

torihada
    Free Member

All I know is the bike was recovered this am by police and original owner due to ID it. What this shows is its always worth keeping your eye out and posting your concerns on forums like STW. With all us eagle-eyed bike nerds out there, the perps will start to feel like they’re living in East Germany.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Suspect Cotic Bfe Ad’ is closed to new replies.