Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Surrey Hills: Holmbury Hill Tree felling…
  • Sonor
    Free Member

From the Hurtwood Rangers Blog:

Felling work has now started on the Peaslake side of Holmbury Hill. This is the area around the Mountain Bike trail known as BKB. Please would all riders be aware that felling work is going on around that area. We may have to close the trail on certain days, in which case signs will be posted at the head of the trail. I have assurances from the contractors that BKB will not be damaged during the felling work.

Map of area affected here.

winterfold
    Free Member

I rang the ranger last week and he seemed to have it all under control.

They will have to cross the top part of the trail in a couple of places, but he thinks we will ride it back in pretty quick and he was adamant they were keeping away from all the recently built bits.

I felt guilty afterwards that I had let the dog wee on the logging truck 😳

surreymike
    Free Member

Rode BKB this afternoon and the top part seems to have taken quite a hammering from the forestry works. Completely lost the trail at one point just before the steep drop.

Does anyone know if anything will be done about it? – The logs have been taken away but loads of smaller branches and c**p everywhere means the top part of BKB is barely worth riding.

Or will it just be left to be slowly ridden back in?

Annoying.

The bottom section hasnt been touched at all though

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Does anyone know if anything will be done about it? – The logs have been taken away but loads of smaller branches and c**p everywhere means the top part of BKB is barely worth riding.

To be fair, you could have cleared it.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have assurances from the contractors that BKB will not be damaged during the felling work.

I did “LOL” when I initially read that.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

They are out on Leith Hill as well – a few trails a bit trashed but Im sure they will come back.

surreymike
    Free Member

Id have no problem clearing it but didnt know whether they’ve finished the work there or not.

Dont want to clear it twice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills: Holmbury Hill Tree felling…’ is closed to new replies.