• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom83.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Superstar pedals dont fit…
  • shanta
    Free Member

Just got the missus a Boardman Team HT but it seems the Superstar pedals of her old bike dont fit, They look the same thread but i cant get them to screw in. Ive never had a prob with them on any other crank…the Boardman has a FSA crank.

Harry_the_Spider

Before anyone else says it… Hit it with a rock?

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m, you do know that left and rightht pedals are different, and that the left (non drive) side has a reverse thread, right?

EDIT: I’d quite like to change the “Im” at the start of this post (autocorrect error) to “Um” but there’s an obtrusive advert in the way of my cursor.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Have you got them the right way round left and right handed threads ?

shanta
    Free Member

Lol…yes they are the right way round hence my confusion. As far as im aware they are all standard fit!

andyl
    Free Member

any damage to the cranks? (wondering if someone has tried to fit pedals for a demo ride)

shanta
    Free Member

Its a brand new bike. I tried an old spare pedal i had and went in fine.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Pedal threads are std, just check you have them the right way round

edward2000
    Free Member

Turning the Allen key/ pedal spanner the correct way? Are the threads on the pedals and the cranks clean/clear of dirt/metal?

andyl
    Free Member

Its a brand new bike.

Someone at the shop could still have tried to fit pedals.

shanta
    Free Member

Yes to all the above. Think ill pop by the shop and let them sort it, that way if the screw the thread up it there fault…

thepurist

Tried fitting them to the inside of the crank? That might show the problem is with the normal start of the crank threads.

shanta
    Free Member

No i have not tried that, anyway cheers for all the comments guys. I will drop by Halfrauds in the morn see what they say.

andyl
    Free Member

try some other pedals and the pedals in another bike. Just to rule them out.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Turn the bike around 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

As you’ve removed them from another bike should the thread not be titled new cranks wont take a pedal? 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Na, too easy to slag SS. 😀

kayak23

thepurist – Member 
    Tried fitting them to the inside of the crank?

Surely they’ll hit the frame when she pedals?

Tom83

kayak23 – Member
    thepurist – Member
    Tried fitting them to the inside of the crank?
    Surely they’ll hit the frame when she pedals?

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Superstar pedals dont fit…’ is closed to new replies.