Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Superstar floating Rotors on Aid Elixir 5 any experience ?
  • jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Im thinking of changing my rotors on my T129 mainly for a bit of bling but also to see if it reduces the annoying vibration after a long ride, any thoughts ?

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Ah ha! Another person with a t129 / t129s brake vibration. Is it just after a long ride with yours? Mines back in the lbs for the third time trying to sort it out. I must admit though, mines doing it all the time now. they’ve swapped pads to a different make and the vibration goes away for a bit but comes back after a ride or two. Is it front and rear? Turkey gobble like sound too?

danielgroves
    Free Member

Not used them with those brakes, but I did with some Juicy Threes for a while. They’re made of cheese, near enough. Gouged to hell and completely worn out with six months of going on.

rocketman
    Free Member

Used the 200 mm rotors f&r on the Voltage at one point with Elixir 5s no probs at all. The 200s use the same spider as the 180s the calipers have no chance to come in contact the spider. Same weight as RT76s identical performance & cheaper

Having said that if you’re having brake problems they won’t cure anything.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Yes that’s right a Turkey Gobble sound, I just thought it’s the terrain I ride as my formula did it on my cube hardatail as well, but maybe not quite as bad, it seems to be after they have cooled for a while then used again or at the very start once warm they seem ok.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I use 203mm superstar floating rotors with juicy 7’s, only issue I’ve had has been the front one rubbing on the base of the fox 140rl’s I’ve got.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Mine have got so bad that the make the whole fork vibrate visibly. It feels like abs? on off really quickly? The rear got so bad at one point the whole frame was vibrating really loudly.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I hope mine don’t go the same way. Im fed up with the back wheel trying to make a bid for freedom 🙁

rollsroyce
    Free Member

My fingers are crossed for you. Mine are doing my head in, third time back at the shop now. be interesting to know if new rotors stops it though.

philwarren11
    Free Member

My rear constantly vibrates when they get hot on my stumpy evo. Only real fix ive seen is to by deore/slx/xt etc…

180mm HS-1 rotors with Specialzed organics and Superstar Sintered and Elixir 5’s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Superstar floating Rotors on Aid Elixir 5 any experience ?’ is closed to new replies.