Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar daily deals, have they done mtb wheels yet?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

I keep checking the daily deals on superstar, forgotten a few days though so not sure if i’m waiting for something that already happened, but have they done a 30% of mtb wheels yet??????
    Today is 30% off road wheels, yesterday was pedals.
    I know they did 30% off custom wheels last week.

cp

They have done 30 % off the tech4 wheels

mark_rich
    Free Member

Right, I may try some tactic tesla evo’s if they make the 30% offer, don’t look a bad option for the money.
    Otherwise its just bite the bullet and go pro2/flow ex.

somouk
    Free Member

I would go pro2/flow anyway. The superstar wheels have had numerous bad reviews and their customer care has been known to be ropey. It’s not worth the saving for the risk IMO.

andyl
    Free Member

yup, they have done tech 4 wheels and all custom wheels earlier in the week (I picked up some Tactic/Switch wheels for £146)

chakaping
    Free Member

Do the Tactics look comparable to Flow rims?

I have some in 29er guise on Tesla hubs. No problems with the wheels but IMO they’re more trail than AM/enduro – if you wanted to put a tag on them.

chakaping
    Free Member

And I’d hang on til post-xmas sales if you wanted to try them, they usually have a very good sale then.

andyl
    Free Member

23mm ID compared to 25.5 (I think) for the flow ex and quite a bit lighter so no.

they do Flow-ex so if they are on offer it would be about £210 set or I would be tempted to go with the Ryde Enduro ones which are wider and pretty light.

chakaping
    Free Member

Their DS25 rims are more like Flows I think.

I picked up a set on the Switch Ultra hubs in the Tech 4 offer for £130.

😀

kimbers

If you can wait till after Xmas they do some cracking deals, I got some ,29r rims on switch for 100 quid and much to my surprise they haven’t exploded and bearings still smooth and rims true after plenty of abuse

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’ll keep a look at for a deal but can wait till after Xmas if need be.
    Could do to sell my 26er wheels but their a bit hard to shift, the other option is rebuild the hope hubs onto 27.5 rims, not very cost effective though.
    I thought the tactic rims looked a good option not quite as wide as flow ex’s but a bit lighter.
    Ideally I’d go for the new traverse fatties, £400, buy from evans and get £50 voucher which would make em £350.
    29mm internal width!!! and a fair bit lighter than flow ex/pro 2.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar daily deals, have they done mtb wheels yet?’ is closed to new replies.