Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Superstar customer service
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Anyone got anything good to tell me here..

Ordered wheels on 1st Jan. 3 days later got an email saying can you confirm what you’ve ordered. I replied instantly.

Following day- we haven’t got stans rims in stock- 2 week delay what would you like to do?

I’ve responded refund.

No response.

Refund please.

No response

Refund please

Please stop emailing us we are too busy to respond at the min and it will only make your wait worse.

I’ve opened a PayPal dispute.

How long before you can escalate it to a claim?

Just read some Google reviews- wish I hadn’t, most likely end up in small claims court to get this refund!

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Got an E-mail today saying that some of the pawls did not meet their standards and am getting some new ones posted out to me. It is not a recall apparently, I assume they are for the V6 hubs I bought before christmas.
    So in that regard they are pretty good.

ogden
    Free Member

Crap! And will look to blame anything else but themselves.

plus-one

Oh dear 🙁

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Absolutely terrible.

Wouldn’t order again after sending me new wheels with hub faults.

Wouldn’t do anything to help other than send me the wrong instructions to repair it myself.

I didn’t have the tools and said they would void my warranty of my LBS to fix them.

Crap after sales discourages you not to buy from them again.

Speshpaul

We’ve got your money, now F*** off!

chilled76
    Free Member

Looks like I’m taking them to small claims court then. They have to pay costs when they lose right?

woody2000

OTOH I had an issue with some wheels; emailed them, they sorted it immediately.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks like I’m taking them to small claims court then. They have to pay costs when they lose right?

Might be worth wating until the PP dispute is concluded?

montgomery
    Free Member

Hmm. I ordered a round 34t NW chainring back in Nov. Received an oval 32t. Sent it back, waited a week, prodded them for P&P refund and replacement. They sent me a round 36t chainring, at which point I decided to quit while I was ahead. Subsequent refund was painless, but it cost them the best part of a tenner not to sell me their product. A shame, really, the rings I got seemed nicely made, just too few/many teeth!

GeForceJunky

I received some wheels from them a few days ago, listed as being Sapim Laser spokes and black ali nipples, but these are built with Sapim Race spokes and silver brass nipples. No response yet.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I assume that they have been off over Christmas and New Year so effectively have been back for less than a week, and probably have a few orders to get through, so I would say calm down a little and wait.
    Also the fact you sent them multiple e-mails has targeted you as a problem customer, so that has probably taken you from high priority to the F- him list.
    For a guy with a username Chilled76 you come across as pretty fired up.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve only needed to contact them once when I’d ordered a service kit for my Nano-X pedals but the kit arrived with the seals for the older pedals. I think I had the correct seals in the post the next day.

chilled76
    Free Member

Yeh it’s an ironic username. Get wound up easily.

joemmo
    Free Member

so 1st Jan – your order was placed, 5th (friday?) you were notified rims out of stock then you’ve sent 3 emails between then and today asking for a refund, received a response and you’re now planning to take them to court? Is it worth maybe being a bit chilled for a little longer?

chilled76
    Free Member

Not quite how you’ve put it. Bit take your point, chill for a few days and see.

I’m supposed to be doing a big ride next weekend and needed these wheels, ordered them on the 1st. Getting wound up as can’t order new ones until they issue the refund.

My first email refund was in response to them asking as well… which coupled with the last email telling me they don’t have time to respond has wound me up I guess.

orangespyderman

so 1st Jan – your order was placed, 5th (friday?) you were notified rims out of stock then you’ve sent 3 emails between then and today asking for a refund, received a response and you’re now planning to take them to court? Is it worth maybe being a bit chilled for a little longer?

This. Really.

Painey
    Free Member

If I ordered some wheels from them when they were on a very special offer (40% discount) then I wouldn’t expect to get them within two weeks. Think about it, they’re likely to be busy. Also probably a bit behind on orders after Christmas so I’d suggest they deserve a bit of slack.

I do also know they have a bit of a reputation but I once bought some wheels from them and they were great, as are the wheels. In fact anything I’ve ever bought from them has been well made and with decent customer service.

andy4d

When i was buying my headset from them they had a deal on the bearings so thought i would pick up a spare set for the new headset i was ordering off them at the same time. I emailed to ask them what bearings the headset i was buying took….they replied that they did not know as different headsets take different bearings! I replied saying surley they knew what bearings their own headsets took…..never heard back.

bash
    Free Member

I’ve had exactly the same email from them after ordering some new wheels asking what hub I wanted, responded immediately and they replied immediately saying order would be dispatched to builder. Then another email saying no rims in stock, I responded on Friday saying I’ll wait then later this afternoon got the email saying thanks well be in touch shortly.

Think they’re just really busy at the moment so I’d give it a couple of days for them to reply/refund. To be fair their communication has been good so far.

chilled76
    Free Member

I felt like they were replying promptly until I asked for a refund.

Will see I guess. I’ll give it 2 days then go back to PayPal if no response

thedude
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the beginning of the year, so take it easy. I damaged a seal changing freehub bearings once and when asking if they sell them separately they said no but got some out 2 broken freehubs and sent them over for free.

tomhoward

Hopefully the boss will see this thread and provide plenty of entertainment 😈

bash
    Free Member

They’ve put up a post on Facebook saying please bear with them, they’ve ordered more rims and should be with them in a couple days. They also said they’ll answer queries ASAP.

kayla1
    Free Member

A PP refund is literally just the press of a button and it’s poor form to keep a customer waiting. I had the same issue with Works Components recently, I ended up opening a PP dispute and got a refund that way after a handful of calm, polite emails and then radio silence from them.

jkomo

Bought loads off them, couple of things needed some warranty work, they were fine.
    They are in the middle of their biggest sale of the year, I honestly wouldn’t worry.

andyrm
    Free Member

Ordered on a bank holiday, got a reply on (by my reckoning) a Friday, one fluke reply on the Saturday (not a working day), so it’s then not unusual to not hear anything until at least today (first working day back).

As always, this is the challenge we face as consumers. Would you still have bought at the price that would pay for a 24/7 tech support/query/social media person?

nealglover
    Free Member

Would you still have bought at the price that would pay for a 24/7 tech support/query/social media person?

Maybe not, but it Would have been better if the person who had plenty of time to send the snotty “stop emailing us, we are too busy” email, had just clicked “refund” in PayPal instead.

Clearly logic was trumped by petulance in that exchange.

ampthill

Can we assume the stop e-mailing email was automated?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I think people’s expectations are often too high. Mistakes happen and sometimes in really busy periods online companies find it hard to cope. With any online company I’d expect to give it a week or more before going all mental and opening Paypal disputes, etc.

JP

mattyfez

I won’t buy from superstar any more.
    I’ve bought a few bits, mainly pads but some other stuff. Without going into detail, one time I had a problem with one of thier products I was basically told to piss off.
    The value of the defective item was not worth perusing so I just won’t go there any more.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

All this ‘we’re really busy’ bullshit.. blah blah blah. Hit the button, give the man his money back. No excuses.

jakd95
    Free Member

Ordered a set of the 40% off wheels (a custom build not a stock on) on the evening of the 2nd, they arrived today, far quicker than I was expecting!

rene59
    Free Member

Superstar not quite as bad as On One but bad enough that I’ll never use them again.

chilled76
    Free Member

08:44

Emailed me to say order cancelled. No refund has appeared yet. Breathe in and out slowly!!!

chilled76
    Free Member

Scratch that, shows as Pending in Paypal.

Rant over I guess.

Next question, how long for a pending refund to actually appear?

kayla1
    Free Member

PP refunds work like this-

1. customer asks for refund
    2. seller logs into PP account and finds the transaction (easy to do; you can search by email address, name, date, amount, transaction number, blood type*, shoe size**)
    3. seller issues refund
    4. a) refund is usually instant if there’s enough in the seller’s PP account to cover the whole refund, otherwise b) refund takes ~5 working days to arrive as the shortfall is transferred from the seller’s bank account to the seller’s PP account and then to the buyer’s PP account

I reckon the longest it should take is a day to actually get round to pressing the ‘refund’ button and then a further 5 working days to receive it. PP are funny with emails sometimes though, I don’t always get emails from them regarding invoices or payments sent (without having bought something) so check in your account for any change in the payment’s status. PP will side with you though OP.

* of course you can’t
    ** see above

tdog
    Free Member

Had a lucky escape from their bad rep by showing serious interest in a set of wheels except no one at SS wanted to pick up phone to discuss.

Just like ubyk recently, best bet is to go with your gut most the time I strongly believe.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

* of course you can’t
    ** see above

Only if you’ve been making sure to dispose of your plastic wrappers securely otherwise all bets are off.

martinhutch

They started a conversation with the OP – ‘your thing isn’t available, what do you want us to do?’, then appeared to vanish in a puff of smoke.

And if the best they can do is some snarky reply telling the OP to stop answering their question instead of just hitting a few buttons and refunding him, it’s unsurprising that they end up on social media.

I love the idea that the snarky emails are automated, though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Superstar customer service’ is closed to new replies.