Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Super Furry Animals
  • jools182
    Free Member

Does any other album match the majestic beauty of Phantom Power?

I have everything up to this album, then seemed to lose touch

Paulio
    Free Member

Love Craft is pretty damn good, Zoom! is one of my favourite opening tracks to any album. I think they only did one album after this so you’re not missing much.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Huge SFA fan here. Before my huge record cull (which financed a great many bike things of course) I had pretty much everything, even the old ankst 7″s.

I was listening to the last one (dark days, light years) just yesterday and I think it might just be my favourite.

Did you ever check out the ‘spinoffs’? Ffa Coffi Pawb is like the ankst stuff but worse, but Gruff Rhys’ solo stuff is just brilliant. As are his gigs! I also found the Cian Ciaran album recently and it is superb, if nothing at all like his input to SFA.

ocrider

Neon Neon. Say no more!

lodious
    Free Member

Have you seen the dvd where Gruff goes to south America tracing Welsh emigrates? Quality bonkers viewing 😉

Edit: It’s called Separado!

scratch
    Free Member

Favoritist band ever….Super Bien!

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

If you like SFA anything Gruff Rhys has ben involved in should be up your street, Neon Neon, Mogwai, and his solo stuff is all great.

Went to see him about 2 years ago in Middlesborough, his support band were amazing, guitar based psychedelic music; Y Niwl.

Highly recommend them

Cheers

Nick

zokes
    Free Member

Mwng.

My Pidgin Welsh doesn’t let me understand much of the lyrics, it it’s definitely my favourite SFA album. Still gutted I missed out on seeing them at Pesda Rocs about ten years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Super Furry Animals’ is closed to new replies.