Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • sunday teatime……..when you was a kid
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Usually a big evening dinner party with my folks hippy pals. Tales of the Unexpected if we did the dishes and sometimes the South Bank Show. Followed by panic school homework and uniform search.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Weekly bath followed by toe nail clipping and olive oil that had been warmed next to the open fire poured into out ears.

I have pretty strong memories of “The Professionals” being a treat if there was no sibling fighting taking place.

clareymorris

+1 for the weekly bath………and having hair dried with the hair dryer with the hose and “shower cap” looking attachment….took about 2 hours to dry!!!

Ski Sunday, Top 40 and anyone remember a kids programme something to do with a Pheonix in the fire!!?

warton
    Free Member

roast beef and tomato sarnies,
    cold roast potatoes
    bullseye
    howards way

aah yes, the sunday bath, me and my three sisters all in the same water

RustySpanner

This one?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCE-1RfoXWE[/video]

Great, wasn’t it?
    From an E Nesbitt book, I think.

sturmey
    Free Member

At one time spent a lot of sundays at my gradparents in Bolton we were from Bradford, Songs of bloody praise, Tinned fruit salad with evap and my Dad and Grandad used to have a can of tartan bitter each. On the way home the smell of my Dad with the Sunday trumps and saying excuse me and sorry did not make the smell go away in the Austin Maxi.

maxray
    Free Member

Sunpat Cheddar spread on toast, howards way and realising I hadn’t learnt my spellings for school.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Crumpets and Monopoly. Sometimes also being taught chess by my dad.

Ohh, and picking skin/ nails and throwing it on the gas fire to watch it sizzle.

Torminalis
    Free Member

For some reason I seem to remember Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger being on every Sunday for my entire childhood.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ski Sunday, tales of the golden monkey (I think) and strawberry jam and toast. I remember watching football on tv and being amazed when I realised that it was men that were playing, I thought it was a kids game : )

As an aside does anyone remember star fleet/x bomber?

TheSanityAssassin

Tinned salmon sarnies, followed by tinned strawberries and Carnation. There was also an ice cream van that turned up during Family Fortunes every week, 52 weeks a year. I’d have a ‘special’ – large cornet with two ice lollies stuck in the top too. We seemed to watch Whicker’s World and The World About Us quite a lot.

cinnamon_girl

Didn’t have a TV.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Arctic Roll was our Sunday treat!

_tom_
    Free Member

We always had our roast at tea time.

matthewjb
    Free Member

, tales of the golden monkey (I think)

I think that was on Monday nights.

No real memories of what we ate but I can remember watching The World about Us and later, Life on Earth.

rkk01
    Free Member

Cold meat, bread, pickles. Crumpets toasted on the fire as a treat

Hohum
    Free Member

clareymorris – Member
    +1 for the weekly bath………and having hair dried with the hair dryer with the hose and “shower cap” looking attachment….took about 2 hours to dry!!!

Ski Sunday, Top 40 and anyone remember a kids programme something to do with a Pheonix in the fire!!?

I remember the golden Pheonix 🙂

I also remember the arguments between my parents as they were in the process of divorcing 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘sunday teatime……..when you was a kid’ is closed to new replies.