Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • sunday teatime……..when you was a kid
  • ton

toast toppers, salad cream butties, toast and butter, all enjoyed listening to the top 20 on the radio.

anyone else? 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Smack round the lughole, sent to bed early.

If I was lucky! 😮

donsimon
    Free Member

Banana sandwiches and Last of the Mohicans on the telly.

LMT
    Free Member

Sunday lunch at 2pm, 6ish apple crumble or rice pudding and top of the pops on radio 1. Those where great days!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Picnic Tea in front of the fire.

Ski Sunday on the telly.

b1galus
    Free Member

sat outside a pub somewhere with cousins and siblings with a bottle of lemonade and a packet of plain crisps between us

RustySpanner

The Golden Shot, One Man and His Dog and Pro-Celebrity Golf on the telly.

Weekly bath night as well. 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sandwiches, pork pie, pickles and crisps. Bullseye on the telly. Happy days.

LMT
    Free Member

Bullseye on the tele some weeks, forgot that gem!

theotherjonv

Ski Sunday or Rugby Special; cheese on toast / sardines on toast. Maybe pate on toast if we were flush that week.

yunki
    Free Member

last of the summer wine and a syrup sarnie.. then a fight with my little brother… a good telling off and sent to bed early..

ton

Rusty spanner…………………weekly bath night
    i just nearly pissed myself laughing………..we had that too.

Keef
    Free Member

steel rims,side pull brakes,plank and bricks,no helmet,no gloves,’playing out’ on bike in the street with mates,till too dark to see,mum ‘calling us in’ for tea.
    Bliss.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

boiled eggs and soldiers! mega.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Weekly bath, the muppet show and early to bed because of school tomorrow.

br
    Free Member

Yep, weekly bath whether we needed it or not.

And tbh I’ve no recollection of what we did for tea…, but definately The Golden Shot

wallop

Another one for the weekly bath! Clean jim jams, clean shiny mullet (mum would crimp my hair sometimes too), and standing on the poof skiing along to the telly.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Grandparents house about 3 o’clock. Back home for the “full works” roast.

Then, as others have said; Bullseye, Last of the Summer Wine and Ski Sunday.

No idea why we watched Ski Sunday – nobody in my family had ever been skiing and none has ever been since.

lunge

Cheese sandwiches, pickled onions and sky sunday

emma82
    Free Member

Crumpets and butter, cake and bullseye!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sarnies, crisps and a big mug of tea in front of the tellybox. Ski Sunday, Bullseye, CHiPs (who can forget that ace program!!!) or whatever else was on. Happy days!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Out for a walk with the dogs while the roast cooked. Home for roast dinner, then watch Jason and the Argonauts or El Cid till tea time when it was crumpets with butter and battenberg cake infront of the fire watching Noels House Party.

jools182
    Free Member

Sitting in front of the fire in a massive towel drying after a bath, pyjamas on then top of the pops and ski Sunday with David Vine , magic

4ndyB
    Free Member

Findus Crispy Pancakes, chips and beans, weekly bath, Last of the Summer Wine, bed.

carbon337
    Free Member

Picnic tea, cold meat and steepy pea sarnies. No crusts cut into 4 small squares. Toasted tea cakes with jam. Orange clubs. Pot of tea watching last of the summer wine. Oh and battenburgh cake.

rOcKeTdOg

jelly, tinned cream and brown bread and butter, top 40 on radio, bed after last of the summer wine

handyman
    Free Member

One here for weekly bath and being the oldest i went last after my sister and little brother, problay toast and marmalade for tea, summer time out to play in the street, footie or cowboys and indians, made my own bow and arrows, feathers stuck on for flights went really well, there was only 6 cars in my street late 60’s so plenty of safe play area, in the winter watch tv or radio on no idea what we watched though

rOcKeTdOg

watching Noels House Party

saturday surely?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    watching Noels House Party
    saturday surely?

Aye, only after reading everyone elses did I have sudden flashbacks to bullseye, howards way and ski sunday.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

In fact, when was Knight rider, and later, baywatch (after gladiators?) on?

Drac

Tea was always a good substantial meal, my mother always tried to feed us well even though they didn’t have a great amount of money when we were young.

Watching Spitting Image and not getting most of the jokes, then bed.

In fact, when was Knight rider, and later, baywatch (after gladiators?) on?

Knight Rider was Saturday afternoons around 1pm, Baywatch was that Saturdays too but about 5ish I was usually off to the pub around then.

Harry_the_Spider

Visit to my gran’s council flat in Salford.

Vast car parks with only half a dozen cars in them, piss smelling lobby, stairwells that smelled of boiled veg, views of the Manchester skyline, Mr Kippling’s French Fancies and 20p towards my next Airfix kit.

rOcKeTdOg

buck rogers in the 21st(?) century was saturday teatime, as was battlestar galactica and saturdays i was allowed to stay up and watch The Professionals

diggers
    Free Member

Don’t forget The Love Boat

marcus7
    Free Member

roast dinner, bath (as above) while songs of praise was on, top 20 count down (taped of course) and then Hart to Hart……

mooman
    Free Member

Ideal milk & tinned fruit.
    Then the weekly bath … being the youngest meant a luke warm cloudy bath. And a damp towel ..
    Early night to bed.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

egg sarnies & antiques roadshow.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Either banana sarnies or toasted ham sarnies.

Nowadays its scrambled egg and beans on toast washed down with a pot of tea. Lifes little luxuries…

Kunstler

Fondly remember cockles or mussels or crab sandwiches and when it was the season, samphire. There were always lots of home baked cakes and the home made sausage rolls and pasties were a bit special.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh, and whatever ‘Sunday music’ CD I decide to put on or Yorkshire Radio.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘sunday teatime……..when you was a kid’ is closed to new replies.