Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Sunday morning: Why are you on here and not out riding?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

My excuse is a herniated disc. I've been off the bike for 2 months now but hoping to slowly get back on it over the next couple of months in time for 2011 😐

So why aren't you out riding instead of "wasting" your time on here?

ianpinder
    Free Member

i need to drive across the country for a training week next week. at least it's only 50 miles from snowdon 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

I'm going to in about 20 minutes…

ton

cos i got back from a weeks riding holiday in wales yesterday…….and i am fubared.
    and my grandaughter came to sleep and is using me as a climbing frame……………. 8)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

wife in work I'm "entertaining" the kids with some disney before we go to the country park for fun in the mud 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

I got in from last night an hour ago and have not yet consumed the requisite amount of coffee 🙂

drofluf
    Free Member

Went out, rode, came back.

Simples 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Went out yesterday, things to do today, might sneak an hour in when the wife ain't looking

oddjob
    Free Member

All good excuses so far.

There is nothing that makes you appreciate riding like an enforced break. It's been killing me to watch the summer pass by without riding my bike.

At least I used to down time to fit a new kitchen, I should have enough brownie points for plenty of muddy rides when I'm back to full strength 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

4 bikes and 4 different problems rendering each bike unrideable!!! Plus I can take advantage of the free time to do things at home and there's plenty of time during the week to make up for it. 😀

Good luck with the recovery.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Chainsaw in the shin last weekend. Stitches out on Friday. Mellow spin on the CX bike this afternoon. Off to the States in a week of so for a months riding in Oregon and Washington, so I dont want to do any more serious damage before I go.

devs
    Free Member

King sized hangover after post 10 More in moray drinks last night. I have ridden every day for over 2 weeks. Think I'll have a day off. Maybe.

Twin
    Free Member

Working a 12 hour shift in Port Talbot steelworks. What's more frustrating is that it's great riding weather and I have to drive past Cwmcarn on my way here and the way home, Afan is 15 mins from where I work. 🙁

Hairychested
    Free Member

Going to the beach with my sprog in a few minutes. Sandcastle building duties for now, jam making after lunch, fitting a brake and a quick spin in the evening.

Waderider
    Free Member

I'm off to the Ochils in 10 minutes. The joys of living in Scotland! Pre ride cup of tea and surf…….

M1llh0use
    Free Member

still recovering from 2 broken writsts and a broken collarbone…

pinches
    Free Member

I'm at work in 7mins 🙁

Bat1
    Free Member

woke up to go touched snooze……………the rest is fubbar…

Will get out solo later!!

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Riding the motorcycle to Bedford for a grilling by the DSA. In the rain. Ghey.

lipseal
    Free Member

Went out yesterday and looking after the kids today.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Did 20 miles yesterday in the pis#ing rain,Will get a ride in later,Might take the DH bike out and have a play.And trying to find accommodation for S-wales,So i can ride Afan,Cwmcarn

jools182
    Free Member

dont like exercise first thing in the morning

i'm convinced its no good for you 😉

oddjob
    Free Member

Running in the morning = 🙁

Riding in the morning = 🙂

jimthesaint

Waiting for my morning 'movement' then I'll be out. Or I could go now and lean up against a tree in 45mins.

Oh what the hell, I'm going now. If your in the Clwydians later on, watch your step if your in the area of Moel-y-Parc.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Working overseas, so no biking till September the 8th for me. A month cold turkey so far…

*shakes*

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I went out for a ride yesterday morning and it was my birthday yesterday so I'm taking it easy today. Gonna do some light cd shopping and then may nip out to rivi this afternoon

Jamie
    Free Member

Went out for a short local XC loop yesterday and am going Cannock tuesday. Today I am being lazy.

hh45
    Free Member

Only just got home from the Trans-Wales. All kit in the process of being washed. 3 loads done, 2 more to go plus tent to dry out.

But at least my bike is still in good working order. Looking forward to puting the fitness to good use in coming weeks.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Just back from the Alps so chilling. 8)

Trekster

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Going out to play a gig in a hour or so.. A bit gutted as my club are doing a ride and BBQ just down the road ;(

konabunny
    Free Member

work at odd hours 🙁

shedfull
    Free Member

Went out yesterday. Today I'll wash the bike and try to work out what the annoying click is that's coming from my Stumpy's headset.

Crag
    Free Member

Was out yesterday, today I'm getting the bike Alp ready before I go on Thursday.

Trampus
    Free Member

Been, gone, done it already. Shall repeat in an 1/2hour, or so! 😆

monkeychild
    Free Member

The nipper cutting 5 teeth so if he isn't sleeping neither are we :lol:.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Raining, and I was out yesterday for an all day ride that turned into a session at the jumps untill I didnt have the strength in my legs left to ride home!

On the plus side I can now jump all the jumps at Swinley to flat! Not i just need to work on getting some height and some tricks 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Out at 6:45 bit of pixie working, a fast xc 10 mile loop on mendip and back already, bike washed and getting tribes bikes ready for holidays next weekend 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Went out yesterday, working on my book today, being a free spirit (i.e. unemployed) I can write and bike as and when my inspiration, creativity and weather take me. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Got a 25 mile ride planned later with a roast dinner at the destination 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Sunday morning: Why are you on here and not out riding?’ is closed to new replies.