Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,385 total)
  • Suella! Braverman!
  • frankconway

shermer – you didn’t include badenoch in your list of loonies still to get rid of; she should definitely be on the list.

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer – you didn’t include badenoch in your list of loonies still to get rid of; she should definitely be on the list.

Good point!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hell Yeah!!!!

RustySpanner

shermer75
    Free Member
    The new guy is Grant Shapps. Is he any good?

He’s a lying shyster who wouldn’t know the truth if bought him a sausage roll.

Ponzi schemes, lying to Parliament, a devious little turd willing to sell his soul for power.

He’ll fit right in.

dissonance

The new guy is Grant Shapps. Is he any good?

He is using his Corinne Stockheath alias to keep up the number of women in Cabinet.
    He is a good blusterer which isnt surprising given his background in dubious web marketing practices.
    Was the transport secretary under Johnson.

Not a hard right loon but still not someone to have as home secretary

benpinnick

This shall be known hence forth as the Sunak Avoidance Technique. Getting yourself fired for something innocuous in order you can both have a dig at the PM, and establish your hard-line credentials to restart your campaign to become PM without getting with the backstabber label.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Cheered me up.

Stainypants

Maybe she got sacked for forgetting the correct list members of the Anti Growth Coalition. She made a good start but mixed up Tofu for smashed avacado. I’ll lend he my new t shirt so she doesn’t forget in future.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll lend he my new t shirt so she doesn’t forget in future

That was quick!!

shermer75
    Free Member

BBC News is saying she jumped before she was pushed

Stainypants

The t shirt came out last week based on a sketch from a comedy podcast. With a right wing nutter ranting on a parody radio phone in. In some fiction becomes truth coincidence a right wing nutter starts with reading out a list of members of the anti growth coalition in parliament that starts the same and is almost as ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/Exploding_Heads/status/1579481642187755525?s=20&t=YHGUQigphxpLYJ6WN4Bypw

In some meta

johnjn2000

Braverman is our local MP, I wish we could get shot of her this easily. Bloody years and she keeps getting voted in with a massive majority, wonder if this little panto will make people think

Northwind

I’d make a joke about Big Tofu but tbh I think it’d be tasteless

rickmeister

Makes you Rwanda where she is going next…

bruneep

johnx2
    Free Member

Basically she’s either very stupid or wanting to hide something

These options are not mutually exclusive.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Tory Battle Royale

It’s been a while but do they not basically all end up dead?

Seems like a decent outcome.

cookeaa

Is anybody else finding the reason for her resignation a little peculiar?

Nope, it was a clear choice.

She’s trying to get out in front early, just like she did on Peston when Boris was on the rocks. Her letter is clearly aimed at signalling her agenda to the headbangers as that’s where she sees her base and she’s clearly hoping a public flounce will precipitate others doing the same…

But TBH it just plays like more playground politics and infighting, she’s only hurting the Tory party, let her crack on…

wbo
    Free Member

Wonder how she’ll spin this on her rather ‘enthusiastic’ CV?

muddy@rseguy

I’d make a joke about Big Tofu but tbh I think it’d be tasteless

Oh, very well played sir. 🙂

garage-dweller

Braverman is our local MP, I wish we could get shot of her this easily. Bloody years and she keeps getting voted in with a massive majority, wonder if this little panto will make people think

Unlikely, the locals really love a Tory.

I don’t like her politics but being realistic she’s seemingly very well placed for the local demographic.

intheborders
    Free Member

From her letter:

“Earlier today, I sent an official document from my personal email to a trusted parliamentary colleague as part of policy engagement, and with the aim of garnering support for government policy on migration.

“This constitutes a technical infringement of the rules. As you know, the document was a draft Written Ministerial Statement about migration, due for publication imminently. Much of it had already been briefed to MPs. Nevertheless it is right for me to go.

“As soon as I realised my mistake, I rapidly reported this on official channels, and informed the Cabinet Secretary. As Home Secretary I hold myself to the highest standards and my resignation is the right thing to do.

What actually occurred is that she’d already transferred the document into her private ‘system’ and was caught when someone who she’d then sent it to noticed and reported it.

Equivalent to Trump & his Mar-a-Lago documents.

She’s bent, and so is he.

matt_outandabout

as caught when someone who she’d then sent it to noticed and reported it.

Supposedly she cc’d in the wrong person in her hurry to send it from her personal phone. The person she cc’d in was a member of the public. That person reported it, not Braverman.

They can’t even be honest when they are caught.

willard

I would really like a totally impartial and competent information security group in cases like this. If that is true (^^^) then she should get a written warning or, depending on the documents and the mail service, arrested for breaking the OSA or personally fined by the ICO for breaching GDPR. I know that will never happen, but I really want to see people taking this kind of thing seriously, especially MPs.

cookeaa

Yeah the phraseology “technical infringement” is clearly intended to both minimise the offence and do a bit of virtue signalling (if a right winger is allowed to do such things) suggesting that she was both too busy doing her job to bother with pesky rules, but then so earnest and honest that she’d fall on her sword for a relatively minor infraction.

It’s performative nonsense, trying to sculpt a narrative and a version of Braverman’s character that suits her aspirations to be part of (or even lead?) a proper headbanger, Right leaning Tory government…

I mean come on, Bozza and friends loved a technical infringement, doing half their government Comms on WhatsApp etc. The faithful loved the fact that IT security and using the correct Comms channels wasn’t how the chumocracy did business, it’s bloody handy if you want to pitch for a PPE contract via the backdoor to someone who went to the same school as you.

FWIW I think Cruella has jumped the gun anyway but also chosen a bizarre hill to die on. She was only ever there in post to let the Right-wingers think they had a player in the game. And then complaining in her letter that they’re not concentrating enough on immigration/asylum seekers (what does she want? Truss torpedoing boats in the channel or flying more asylum seeks to Rwanda?) its is a bit tone deaf, there’s been a couple of other things going on over the last few weeks…

jamj1974

Suella Braverman was born Sue-Ellen. As someone with dual heritage myself – European and Asian, I implicitly mistrust people who seem to reinforce their ethnicity.

shermer75
    Free Member

So, is she going to go? (again!)

shermer75
    Free Member

My favourite tweet so far:

tjagain

I doubt she will last long for sure.

shermer75
    Free Member

I can’t help feeling the sooner she goes the better everyone is- even Rishi Sunak, who gets to appoint someone non-mental and (hopefully) competent

johnx2
    Free Member

someone non-mental

Yep, that’s where the bar is. Non-mental. Trouble is this shower limbo dance

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, that’s where the bar is.

It certainly is!

kimbers

Sunaks problem is that he needs to pick a replacement from one of the other far right headbangers to keep that part of his party in check
    I fear it’ll be another braverman : ignorant, dishonest, incompetent, but smart enough to know that banging the culture war drum will make a certain demographic, ignore your shortcomings

frankconway

I doubt sunak will change his mind and remove her; from his – and the tories – perspective a united front is essential.
    If she decides to go – unlikely, I think – that will be presented as her personal decision.
    A re-shuffle in a few months may see her depart but that’s far from certain.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Pretty Vacant says hi.

shermer75
    Free Member

Isn’t Pretty Vacant one of the old forumites?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The MP she’d been sharing documents with has a reputation for being a hard-right loon from the hang ’em brigade who allegedly has links to the nastier factions of the GOP. Opinion piece from, er Computer Weekly

The veteran Tory MP Sir John Hayes has been disclosed as a secret adviser to Suella Braverman, with some colleagues believing he has been influential in the home secretary’s rise from backbencher to a great office of state.

Well.

He seems nice.

shermer75
    Free Member

Jess Philips was tweeting about him today

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.