Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • DrP

Whacha mean? you can list us all on the UCI lap?

Me no understando…

DrP

weeksy

Yeh that will skew the results @weeksy. You racing tomorrow evening?

Maybe… but not at 298w lap average hahahahaha.

Did a ride today and felt OK, not going crazy though… So not sure how good an idea trying tomorrow is yet

nixie

How do you subset the times on that segment to just the people in our group?

Goto the event page for tomorrow on ZP (https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1257310). Those are the two segments listed to the right of the signups table.

298w lap !!!

Oddly only 1W less than your power up Libby Hill.

weeksy

Oddly only 1W less than your power up Libby Hill.

That what back this time last year i suspect when 300w was a decent power output for me… What the heck happened to them ! I’d be happy with a 260w lap tomorrow.

nixie

Whacha mean? you can list us all on the UCI lap?

Doesn’t look like you have ever raced this route so no time listed for you.

robbo1234biking

What do the two icons next to your name mean Nixie? Dual power recording verified and height and weight verified?

nixie

The lightening bolt is just an icon. Some of us BRT riders over use it :D. The V is related to weight verification. Again I don’t know how many people bother but it is supposed to signify that your posting weigh in data to the zwift transparency FB group.

J-R

So I guess tomorrow’s race will be @nixie, CrazyHarry and Phil leading the pack around to Libby Hill, then it’ll be bye bye Bs.

Hopefully Nixie’s youtube feed will show the battle of the A’s on the last lap.

mahowlett
    Free Member

God I hate being reminded of how fit and light (relatively) I was, I’m also too stubborn to admit my current state, do an ftp test and use the pathetic new numbers in the handicap. I’m calling it motivation to be better, but it’s probably just a refusal to accept reality 🙂

kirky72
    Free Member

Felt like I was getting another version of cold yesterday, felt a bit woozy and weak all day, pretty much the same today but decided to attempt a short 6 lap crit just as a test and C cat so I could take it a bit easier.
    It seemed to be a bit harder than normal, a frantic pace from the off. Just happy to hang in the bunch as a couple of the front runners got coned, just sitting and trying to keep my average power. Sprinted a bit late and finished 5th but excluded on ZP as now I’ve just edged into B Cat.

As it was such a short event I did a lap of London 8 at a slow to steady pace with the only effort up Box hill resulting in a PB by 28secs.

My breathing was much more laboured throughout and struggled to recover as quickly after efforts.

Depending on I feel tomorrow evening I may decide to opt out tomorrow and recover properly. It will be a shame as I think with this weeks handicaps I could do well, despite the ZP data suggesting I would finish behind guys that I’m giving handicap time too.

Are we doing 2 laps of the full course? Is the finish line at the end of the last part of the climb like usual?

robbo1234biking

@mahowlett I think in the first series someone suggested that some people were under inflating their ftp to get a more favourable handicap. As I have access to more data I think a lot more people are in your situation and giving themselves a disadvantage by giving a higher ftp and therefor getting a worse handicap! Some might see that as a motivation though 😀

@kirky72
    yes 2 full laps so 6 climbs in total and finishes after the last climb on the second lap.

Watch this for some tips 😉

nixie

So I guess tomorrow’s race will be nixie, CrazyHarry and Phil leading the pack around to Libby Hill

I was considering taking it easy then giving the sprints a proper full gas attempt. Not a fan of those hills or how you feel when attempting them all out.

kirky72
    Free Member

I predict the race taking a similiar pattern to last weeks. One large group of abc towed around until the first decent uphill towards the end of the lap, then some splintering. Nixie, Phil to then breakaway on longer climb towards the finish line.

Will be interesting to see if anybody can get away from the chasing group on the second lap.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I dislike the Richmond course entirely. Every time I ride it I’m taken by surprise by the long draggy hill, it seems the cobbles alone account for more climbing than there is descending in the whole lap so I always forget there’s more up hill to come.

nixie

I think you forget about the downs between the hills as your just trying to breathe at that point.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think it’s more that Phil won’t let us ease up on the downs so they don’t seem to exist outside of that odd little gradient indicator on the corner.

jamesoz

As I have access to more data I think a lot more people are in your situation and giving themselves a disadvantage by giving a higher ftp and therefor getting a worse handicap! Some might see that as a motivation though 😀

I thought I was doing exactly that, then I had a good race up the Alpe and my first win (Zwift Power results) so Zwift upped it again.
    I can generate much more sustained power level on a climb so that then upped my FTP.

I may or may not race tomorrow, chest seems better, not ridden since Thursdays disaster. Tempted to join, see how it goes and bail if I start coughing before it gets too bad.

retrorick

I’m up for tomorrow’s Richmond race. Last time I did it was with the stw ttt group. The ups aren’t that bad, the steep ones are pretty short. I prefer it to the Harrogate race course that was used in series 1.

nixie

Feed for tonight will be here; https://youtu.be/Wmsc6Fzyf9Q

maycontainnuts

Goto the event page for tomorrow on ZP (https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1257310). Those are the two segments listed to the right of the signups table.

Thanks for that!
    Slowest lap time and slowest hill climb time – winner of both! Surely the only way is up from here LOL!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Nixie. As good as they are, it’s obviously at the pointy end of the race (plus they’re giving your secrets away!;)). I thought it might be a good idea for someone to stream a feed to Youtube that moves between groups/riders as the race develops. Any budding directors who aren’t racing but might want to watch tonight and have a bit of IT ability?

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Think I best do a FTP Test and Weigh-in before the start of the next series, or should I do it before my next race (next week)? Like others have said, I’m not going to hit that FTP and the food consumption goes up at this time of year!

robbo1234biking

You can update your FTP and weight whenever you want. I have done the handicaps for next week already (im organised this time!) but happy to adjust as required. Bearing in mind next week is heavy on the W/kg calculation rather than pure watts!

nixie

In that case I’m heading for the cookie jar 😂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

What biscuit for watts?

DrP

We should* have it that the handicap based on weight and FTP are made 5 days before the race... then you’ve a few days to really drop the KG, as we’re allowed to correct the weight on Zwift on the day of the race
    Like a boxing weigh in..

DrP

*we shouldn’t….!!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

What biscuit for watts?

Wattsits are crisps aren’t they?

And I seem to recall you got watts-up from budwieser.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Choc Hobnobs for pure calories I reckon

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I feel as though I’ve put on a bit of weight with all this takeaway food I’m eating while working away from home!

Gonna loan a Santander bike this evening for a longish commute back to the hotel.

robbo1234biking

Gonna loan a Santander bike this evening for a longish commute back to the hotel.

Make sure you do Fox or Box Hill then – you only have to nip into one of the tube stations, down the escalators, ride on the track for 500m and you are there. The maps of London are all wrong – Surrey Hills are only 500m south of the river!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Ha ha.

Yeah, I don’t think the tubes are running to full service, might be dicing with death, but I may give it a go down the track!

robbo1234biking

Just a quick reminder about sprints. The sprint jersey will be decided tonight as there are no sprint sections next week. So whoever wins tonight gets to wear the green jersey next week (there is a green kit in game so you could actually choose that one for next week!).

There are 2 sprints sections up for grabs tonight and you get 2 attempts at each so a max of 20 points available.

Current sprint totals are:

1. Paino – 42 points
    2. Garry Lager – 32 points
    3. Nixie – 27 Points

nixie

Damn didn’t realise Paino took such a big chunk last week!

paino

Yeah, if I were you Nixie I wouldn’t bother going for the sprints tonight. 😉

nixie

Probably not worth it. You only need third on both and I can’t better it.

paino

Think I might go for the gc win, I’m only 50seconds down on you Nixie 😆. Hope you don’t puncture! Actually I’m slightly concerned tonight as I changed my Internet provider to plusnet yesterday, and the BT mini hub in the garage doesn’t seem to want to link properly. Got some work to do when I get back!

nixie

That’s easy to cover off, I’ll sit on your wheel all evening :P.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

^ Broadband based sandbagging;)

undarra
    Free Member

Sorry to be a pain but could someone point at the link to sign up for tonights race please. I’ve scrolled through previous pages and can’t seem to find it. I signed up for last weeks ok. Thanks

savoyad

@undarra you need to get the secret link in your forum inbox from @robbo1234biking – if it’s not already there I’ve summoned him now [edit – I don’t have it, but I realise now that lots of other people might be able to message it if they still have it in their inbox…]

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.