Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)
  • STW v Mumsnet
  • ratherbeintobago

They are going to KILL me with sensible and well-reasoned conversation with no physical threats.

Apparently they are capable of flame wars the like of which you have never seen. No, really.

Andy

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm do you think there is any chance of randy-frustated mum-sex on there? 8)

bullheart
    Free Member

This is the best freakin' post I've ever read.

Ti29er
    Free Member

For those who do venture onto the Other Side, time yourselves as I wonder how long it'll take you to get frustrated on any thread that's to do with getting fit, losing weight, geting into that dress, looking good for the beach this summer etc that sees you, an STW undercover Man, consider mentioning a jolly good bike ride might be the cure to end all fat / skinny / poor body image issues.

It's akin to trying to suck Fruit Pastiles and not chewing! Only The Other Side can manage it.

GrahamS

Perhaps we should organise an exchange trip.

We can send them barnes, hora and ernie_lynch for a fortnight and they can send us some yummy mummys.

Junkyard
    Free Member

seems fair Graham

What is their view on the airplane taking off can someone post up and see?

GrahamS

The Boy/Girl Problem would seem more topical… but I don't want to be responsible for that many brain aneurysms.

kaya
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    For me, a very swift scan of Mumsnet has left this phrase embedded in my brain;

Perhaps he has no idea what he's doing and just vaguely sticks his nose into your ladygarden while going bibbble?

I feel we should all don our best pirate-troll hats and take a saunter over there….!

Just remember there is a women's guild and they don't take any prisoners 😯 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Hora – chapeau. I have never been brave enough to register!

I'm sure if someone posted the plane/conveyor problem they'd just say 'stop being so stupid'

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

We can send them barnes, hora and ernie_lynch for a fortnight and they can send us some yummy mummys.

theotherjonv

EWCM

Just why is there an acronym for that? Indeed, why is there even a phrase for it?

eth3er
    Free Member

ah but you are not a woman.

NZCol

Blimey, had a trawl through MN – jeepers 😯

theotherjonv

we need a 'forum-off'

My wife is always suggesting that here is like the oracle – the wisdom of cyclists, she calls it.

Someone needs to post – without letting on – some topic unrelated to either cycling or whatever it is mumsnet is designed to be about at the same time on both and then see which gives the best advice fastest.

<goes off to think about it>

manton69

I joined when my DS/DFB was young. We had no idea who to ask, so late at night and being sleep deprived I joined up. All I have to say is that we did get some good advice, but I get a newsletter each week.

I am still on because I have to read out some of the threads that come up on there as I end up wetting myself in the office so I am asked to share the stories which can be astonishing. I like the ones where they share stories of stupid things done when tired/pregnant/PMT. Unbelievable.

Will find some later and post.

hora
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

I doubt we would return alive. You know that its a one-way suicide trip that your sending us on don't you?

The Yummy Mummy's would reek wanton damage to STW, the 'buy cycles now' flashing ads would be replaced with 'Laura Ashley sale' and 'face cleansing products for post-rides'.

All the longterm-single STW'ers would feel obliged to leave leaving a core of 10 posters left. 🙁

It'd be destruction.

Solo
    Free Member

LOL:

Hora and Co sent on one-way mission to be flamed by mothers.

Starting the day with a laugh like that is priceless.

Cheers.
    😀

Solo

Kip

Before our daughter was born in April I went on Mumsnet looking for advice about some stuff related to my pregnancy. I was terrified and vowed never to go there again!!!
    The views are generally to one extreme or the other and have no foundation other than personal opinion or experience. Not dissimilar to here but at least here people like bikes!
    I also find that information and advice here is often more rounded and useful…hence my new post about accomodation in London!

D0NK

Best thread in ages

The views are generally to one extreme or the other and have no foundation other than personal opinion or experience. Not dissimilar to here

How true!

SWI genius

hora
    Free Member

Thing is with bikes; Mechanics, flow, bites etc there is a common theme to be had'.

On babies- far too many permutations and its dealing with behaviour and physiological aspects ('baby has a fever') so how can one parents advice really work for another? Its just an opinion based on their own experience?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The Yummy Mummy's would reek wanton damage to STW, the 'buy cycles now' flashing ads would be replaced with 'Laura Ashley sale' and 'face cleansing products for post-rides'.

😯

Blackhound

Thought they were only interested in what biscuits you liked…

Off work today so this is my CD, BRB

Luv Kev

headfirst
    Free Member

For hora and any other brave soul, here seems like a good place to start with your first undercover posting:

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1001449-So-is-this-bum-sex-malarky-any-good

can-uk
    Free Member

Bejeesus!! that place is like STW crossed with Trisha and Jeremy Kyle..

I can't believe i'm saying this.. but things here seem far more normal 😯 !

hora
    Free Member

I have experienced pregnancy Hormones first-hand.

I learnt, DONT **** WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN 😯

crikey
    Free Member

I have experienced pregnancy Hormones first-hand.

I think you might not be understanding the meaning of first-hand in this context, unless you've been drinking her wee.

willard

Remember… Mumsnet is a strong political force. They helped win the election for the Tories donchaknow.

Oh, actually, well, sort of win. With Clegg's help.

hora
    Free Member

Crikey. I refused to let the dog back in from the back garden.

I was asked twice to let him in.

'No. He is misbehaved. 10mins in the cold wont hurt him'.

I learnt my lesson.

D0NK

zulu-eleven….a big WTF?

crikey
    Free Member

I mean to experience pregnancy hormones first hand you would have to actually be pregnant…

You have experienced the effect of pregnancy hormones at first hand.

Anyway, try de-icing the freezer and puncturing it as the waters break. Shes 5' 3", and she picked me up by my hair and said 'Start the car NOW'.

So I did.

Solo
    Free Member

I can't believe i'm saying this.. but things here seem far more normal !

Nah, thats just acclimatization. STWF is still a very F'd up place, and imo, a flaming on STW ranks up there with the best of them.

I say Launch the Hora at them, He'll shown them/us how its done.

Then post the thread here.

<wheres that asbestos keyboard>

S

Solo
    Free Member

Shes 5' 3", and she picked me up by my hair and said 'Start the car NOW'.

So I did.

Thats excellent, PMSL.

I assume you refer to the hair on your head….Ooooouch !

great thread
    😉

S

D0NK

STW has A&A on fridays, apparently MN has dirty sex threads.

Solo
    Free Member

STW has A n A on fridays, apparently MN has dirty sex threads.

Yeah, I noticed references to "5 day coma, etc", so thats answered that question.

Hhmmm. So, are we here on STW, Slipp'n ?. Has STW gone soft….

S

GrahamS

Has STW gone soft….

Not after reading the dirty sex thread… 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Umm.. your competitive tone worries me.. calling for a forum arms race? 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

STW has A&A on fridays, apparently MN has dirty sex threads.

Any thread containing the words 'anal leakage' certainly qualifies as dirty…

hora
    Free Member

Girls discussing anal sex is just wrong.

Solo
    Free Member

Nah. Just the prospect of certain characters from here, being landed into a foreign forum to see if their STW training/experience will get-them-through, is an amusing prospect.
    😀

As horrid as this forum can be at times, I kinda like to think that if you can survive it, then you're good to go anywhere in web-space.

Lets face it, STWF isn't for the weak/feint-hearted.
    😉

S

NZCol

On my recon of mn this arvo there was a thread posted by some dude who's wife wanted to divorce him. He was ripped to shreds it really was impressive.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘STW v Mumsnet’ is closed to new replies.