Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • STW servers – run out of coal??
  • oink1
    Free Member

My STW experience of late (the last few days) has become extremely frustrating to say the least. My usual flitting from thread to thread reduced to something like wading through treacle whilst wearing flippers 😐 What gives? Am I the only one singled out by the interweb gods & cursed with a poor surfing experience? Don’t have issues on *cough* other sites, Just here it seems. Using a Macbook Air if it makes any odds. Don’t know where to look as long time Windoze user. Any insight would be much appreciated 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

Historically they’ve had issues at times keeping up with the usage.. they are using a modified wordpress theme that by as far as I can tell isn’t very well optimised and I imagine it takes a hammering!

I recommend buying a second laptop so you can browse twice as quickly 😉

oink1
    Free Member

alexxx – Member
    I recommend buying a second laptop so you can browse twice as quickly

Twice as frustrated I fear 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Appalling on mobile recently too.
    Really laggy, page taking ages to render, constantly resizing, etc.
    And the emails asking me to renew my Premier haven’t asked why I haven’t…..

SaxonRider

No roblems here.

the-muffin-man

Fine for me.

jimdubleyou

Crap for me at work, fine at home.

I think it’s the s7.addthis.com plugin.

scotroutes

No problem here either.

fifeandy
    Free Member

A bit hit and miss for me.
    Sometimes fine, other times taking an eternity for pages to load and twice as long to get the full features (bold, quote, etc) for the comment box

alexxx
    Free Member

I wonder how many people have clicked the addthis button – mods have you got tracking on it?

It’s a shame it’s such a dated site – I’d have thought they’d be on it more.. saying that I don’t know if the forum makes them any revenue worth bothering about such matters?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Shouldn’t matter whether it makes them any money or not.
    They have chosen to set up and run a forum.
    They have Premier members, ads, etc so it should be running properly.
    On a platform that can support it.
    With cookies that recognise a permanent log on.
    If they can’t do that then either sack it all off or hand it over to those who will run it elsewhere.
    On a proper platform, with features that every other forum out there has, etc.
    As it is it’s like logging into the parish circular that drops on the mat once a month and gets used to light the fire.

Drac

mods have you got tracking on it?

Nope, we moderate the forum we have no access to tech or stats.

Fine for me and only get logged out monthly.

stumpyjon

One of the few sites that runs well on my old tablet, P might make a difference, not had any issues on any platform, home or work.

alexxx
    Free Member

To be honest I’ve not noticed any issues with it this year.. I do remember it being pretty terrible in the past though.

I agree with your comments on the premier members hammyuk.

It’s like RideIO and DescentWorld they both went to crap which was surprising as their membership at some points was massive and very active then through what I can only guess as a lack of interest or vision they went down the pan.

oink1
    Free Member

I would pay at the moment if the site would playy ball & not drive me up the wall! 😯

footflaps

Not noticed any problems here, but then I block all the add ons.

oink1
    Free Member

I miss the old ‘pre hack’ forum 😥

GrahamS

Works absolutely fine for me on decent work PC, ancient home PC, iPhone 4S and iPad gen 3.

Mind you I am a Premiere member and have the ads turned off which probably helps a lot.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘STW servers – run out of coal??’ is closed to new replies.