• This topic has 275 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)
  • STW ride Sherwood Pines Exploration – anyone?
  • will
    Free Member

Yeh it was fine thanks, managed to stay in the trees for a fair way, just going back along some of the roads wasn’t nice.

Said i did 53 miles today, so i’d guess we did anywhere between 18-20 miles, although i’m not sure.

I’ll get some send over Pook, although like the muppet that i am, i have just managed to delet a nice amount of clips 🙁 Had to put them on my memory stick, and then it all went wrong for some reason.

Edit: Ow, Pook can i have you email 😆

adey205
    Free Member

thanks pook! hope you edit well

adey205
    Free Member

we got 22 on the clock, so, yeah good ride all in all

will
    Free Member

Good ride indeed! Really liked some of the stuff over the otherside, not riden them before

sootyandjim
    Free Member

22 miles? I thought it was less than that. Looks like I shortchanged myself on the cake vs miles ridden ratio conversion. When I get out of the bath I’ll have to top up the cake levels.

adey205
    Free Member

already done that. big bowl of hot choc, and 3! pain au choc

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I think we’ll have to definately plan a ride and BBQ day in the summer.

will
    Free Member

Toast – The was my recovery food. You can quite easily think you have only done a short ride, but because you keep going back on yourself then it ends up a long-ish ride.

adey205
    Free Member

sounds like a plan 😆

Pook

will – chris (at) soundhouse-media.co.uk, if you look up free data recovery you’ll find something that can get the vids back.

use http://www.yousendit.com to send the files as they’ll be big

abductee
    Free Member

That was a smashing day out. Thanks to Pook for organising and Gravy for being the tour guide.

In case some of you weren’t paying attention and would like to be reminded where you have been I have uploaded the route to my website
    http://www.sherwoodpines.synthasite.com
    Its at the bottom of the routes page.

I would also urge you to join the forum at the bottom of the home page so that you can organise rides and have a grumble about them drainage gutters without them getting lost in the all the other singletrack world discussions.

On my way out of the car park I saw thefallguy starting another loop of the kitchener trail. some people just don’t know when to stop.

funkynick

Just to add to the thanks to everyone for making it a great ride… even if my legs did stop working properly at the end!! Also, a big thank you to whoever it was that lent me the spanner to allow me to re-tension my chain… it was so nice to be able to put some pressure on the peddles without fearing that the chain would slip off!!

Just had a look on my phone/gps thingy and it has the distance down as just under 14 miles for the ride up to the cake stop. I’ve got the route as a .gpx file if anyone is interested…

will
    Free Member

Thanks for that Pook, just downloading the software now, then if it works i’ll send them over.

If not i’ll send the one remaining vid i have.

orena45

Another thanks from me, had a really good time despite buggering my mech hanger – at least it was near the cafe/shop stop so I could get it fixed (thanks to the chap for fitting it and letting me get back on the trails after) Also, big thanks for the push-back I got from a couple of guys (sorry, forgot who it was that pushed me – beer’s on me next time!)

My GPS recorded 19 miles for those of us that hung around the ‘downhill’ area towards the end.

Definitely up for a summer ride and barbeque! 😀

orena45

Ride stats if anyone’s interested…

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7790073

will
    Free Member

orena45 – Member
    Ride stats if anyone’s interested…

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7790073

That is cool!

thefallguy
    Free Member

really enjoyed today guys, I was amazed how many people turned out, trails were fast and dry, thanks to Adey and Gravy for leading us round and Pook for having the idea, great to put some faces to names too, roll on the summer and carpark bbq!

clotterfromp
    Free Member

Really enjoyed todays ride! Great weather, and great bunch of people. Many thanks! Cheers to Pook for organising it and also for the lift! Should do something like this again sometime soon.

thefallguy
    Free Member

orena – thats very cool

Gravy
    Free Member

Big thanks to everyone that made it to the “Pines” for today’s ride, if you wer’nt able to make it will see you next time. Great trails, great people and great fun. Thanks Pook ! 😀

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Sounds like you guys had a great time, i may tag along the next time you go, if that is ok?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Sounds like i missed a treat, Pook glad it was good, and roll on next time.

will
    Free Member

pook, that big file sending thing isn’t working at the moment for some reason. When it does i’ll send it over.

BenjaminJDC
    Free Member

Great ride today, big thanks to Pook and the other guys that took the lead. Very enjoyable and hope we can make it a regular thing.

Ben (On the very green Meta 5)

longstuff
    Free Member

It was my first ride out since xmas due to our first child coming along, it was great day out.
    Cheers folks, whens the next ride?!

dawson

yep, I enjoyed it too. Big thanks to the guys that showed us round.

I’d clocked my ride at about 21miles – i think i may have to re-calibrate my 15 year old speedometer!

cheers
    dawson (the only one with non-disc brakes!)

adey205
    Free Member

so come on then guys, where are the vids and pics?

will
    Free Member

I uploaded it to Vimeo, but then i didn’t work, so i’m doing it again now. 🙂

thefallguy
    Free Member

finally some pre-ride pics

orena45

Caption competition for photo 3? 😆

thefallguy
    Free Member

😀

adey205
    Free Member

now now! thats naughty 👿

sootyandjim
    Free Member

“You said there is as much chance of a bunch of finely tuned Adonis look-a-likes turning up today as there is of you striping, now pay up.”

😉

orena45 – That no problem, no one gets left behind, especially considering the cannibalistic nature of the locals. The plucking of banjo strings is a portent of doom in those there parts.

orena45

Sooty – Cheers, I did at one point think I saw flaming torches and pitchforks being waved in the distance 😀

matt_outandabout

*is disappointed he missed it*

Pook

I’m working on the vids adey – takes some edit time, and yesterday I was moving house, today I’m off to London; might be able to sort something later on though.

in the meantime, here’s a pic…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There has never been a photo of a more noble and fearless bunch of men (and one lady).

Preparing to take on the formidable Sherwood Pines but not a worried face among them.

Pook

you couldn’t see how much i was bricking it behind the camera.
    😥

matt_outandabout

I can smell the testosterone from here….

Pook

there is a girl in there!!! fourth from right!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)

The topic ‘STW ride Sherwood Pines Exploration – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.