Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • hora
    Free Member

A weekly two rides on the weekend covers everyone though as then you can pick and match to your availability surely?

justme
    Free Member

bunnyhop will take you up on that at somepoint, would like to redo the route you did before but in the dry and i'm sure there are others of similar quality so will be down over the summer ta!!

I think people are missing the point I am trying to make
    It doesnt matter to me if they are on the same w/e as I can ride both days without any probs should I choose to as i'm lucky enough to have relatively few comittments that would prevent this
    The point I am trying to make is a general one ie in general if these rides were organised on different w/e's those people who (for whatever reason)can only ride on one day of the w/e (be it sat or sun but not both ) would not have to choose between ride a or ride b they would be able to do both without causing any probs at home.
    i do realise that there will always be people who cant do sat and people who cant do sun which is what makes having sat rides a good thing but it would still get more takers if the element of choice is removed
    I dont think it would be difficult to sort out as most rides a posted in good time and by working things a little better we could end up with a lot of cracking rides for a lot of people
    sermon over g

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Hi

Are there maximum numbers for this? Room for any more? Obviously need to clear it with "The Boss" first but would love to put some faces to STW names.

will
    Free Member

More the better… Come along 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Some will drop out before, some more will turn up on the day and there might be one who doesnt bring a completed bike with him to ride 🙄

will
    Free Member

😆

Yet still travels the furthest… Novice

jackthedog
    Free Member

jackthedog's cloak of invisibilty strikes again 😕

will
    Free Member

Eh? 😆

Pook

Simple answer as to why I've arranged this one for now – it's cos this is the one I can make! I'm busy at most other times and having been out with stwers before I like riding with them! I take the suggestion on board though. Hope you can make it

🙂

will
    Free Member

Your bike working Chris? Shall we all bring spares for you?

hora
    Free Member

I might need that spare XTR mech for my new 456 build though although I could fish out a spare X9 mech this time 😉

will
    Free Member

🙄

Pook

Shurrup you two. I've bought a new mech, new pads, new wheels, and I've been praying to the mechanical gods of the peak to grant me good fortune!
    No max numbers for the ride, all welcome

🙂

sambob
    Free Member

looking forward to this, i just need my am40s to come and to get my jacket back from mountain equipment after they get it back from gore 😕

thepodge
    Free Member

hora – and there might be one who doesnt bring a completed bike with him to ride

that reminds me, must fix the front brake.

Justme, i think you are assuming a level of organisation that is above and beyond this board. there will be other times for other people

stonemonkey
    Free Member

stonemonkey – Member

gonna actually try and make it to this one , better get fit.

Just been reminded its my mates engagement party in Liverpool so guess what… it looks like i wont be there.

Have fun

lyons
    Free Member

haha. I actually finished building a bike that works today! So i would have a chance of making it… That was worse than a rooky error.

I fancy having a go at that bit in the quarry again. Its been haunting me ever since.

thepodge
    Free Member

lyons – I fancy having a go at that bit in the quarry again. Its been haunting me ever since.

I'm convinced there is a line from the top, probably looks easier from the bottom though

hora
    Free Member

Lovely and loose with lots of deep ruts ready for customers of doom…

lyons
    Free Member

there is a line, i just bottled it last time. TO be honest, i think the main problem would be how loose the gravel is when coming off the drops. I'd probably be best to spend 5 minutes packing it down a bit first… WHich bike were you one last time? I'm rubbish with names, but ive got a good memory for bikes

lyons
    Free Member

And yeah, it looked scarier from the top…

will
    Free Member

I'll do it…

lyons
    Free Member

what are you going to do Will? 😕

Pook

I might have a crack.

Pook

although…the route I've put in here so far misses out cavedale. Is that a faux pas on my part?
    😯

will
    Free Member

That bit in the Quarry.

james
    Free Member

"my am40s"
    (partly) White (waffle sole) shoes? in the peak? In january?
    They'll never be the same again ..

What drop in what 'quarry' that may or may not be cavedale (despite cavedale not being a quarry), so pindale? which drop?

hora
    Free Member

Yes put it back in Pook. Whats wrong with Cavedale?!

will
    Free Member

Yeh Pindale – Is it really worth it mind?

lyons
    Free Member

To be honest, i dont really rate pindale, or cavedale. And i'll probably be riding m scott scale anyway, so smooth will have to be the riding style of the day…

will
    Free Member

I rate Cavedale. Think that is great, Pindale seems a little bit of a let down. However more than happy to go with the masses here!

Lyons – Thought you were building a proper full bouncer?

lyons
    Free Member

CAvedale is ok, i like the middle section most though… I am building a full sus, but the shock needs to be serviced with new bushings, and i need to get new cranks, and a few other bits… It may be finished by then, it just depends on my finances…

will
    Free Member

I only really class the middle section as Cavedale. However having said that you can really get some speed up on the grass/rocky bit when it's dry!

hora
    Free Member

I like all of it- well apart from the last grass bit. Put it back in you big hairy tarts!

lyons
    Free Member

the grassy/rovky buit, before the gate is the best bit in my opinion…

I may be able to actually drag a couple of people up with me this time…

will
    Free Member

At this risk of upsetting people, may I suggest a whole new route, as we kind of did this one last month?

Jacob's Ladder route?

Tell me to shut up if you want though 🙄

lyons
    Free Member

i like that.

up or down jacobs ladder?

hora
    Free Member

I'd gladly lead a ride on the Kinder circuit- the exact one out of VGraphics book- at my pace as well. However its the snow thats the problem. Add any mileage and your looking at a very very long ride with a large group.

I'm all for sticking to the original route as its doable for everyone, offers some technical riding and is 'long' in the current conditions.

lyons
    Free Member

how about something up hollins cross, down into hayfield, then make our way back up the other side of jacobs ladder, then down it?
    i do n't know the names of some parts, and being a southerner, i cant really reccomend a whole route, but i do enjoy the riding out that way…

Plus ive never been down jacobs ladder…

will
    Free Member

good call hora. Think probably best to stick to original. Always next time eh 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.