Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter Ride – 19th September – Calderdale Classic
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Your commitment is impressive Lowey. Will sir be requiring a lift?
    I will be there

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

lowey turn up hungover and / or pissed .we'll lash you on to your bike and give you a hearty shove .I'll bring coffee , mart

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Lots of people potentially Jase so got to be 100% (or maybe 99%) legit 😉

But I'd be up for a ride around your side sometime now I have working bikes again.

lowey

Johnnie, cheers mate, but I'm gonna drive if I'm going. It will literally be a wake up as see how I am kind of thing. Have a word with Nick re lift. I think Vortex also mentioned that he was going but it in the states at the mo.

Mart… after a free barrel of Bank Top I'll be needing more that caffine. I may be persuaded to amend the route somewhat to parking up, ride to Cafe Cali, Stay there all day admiring the scenery. In fact pretty much like what we did last year!

grumm
    Free Member

Junkyard – I will be there

It's just a crazy off-the-wall idea, but you could maybe bring a bike with a chain?

lowey

It's just a crazy off-the-wall idea, but you could maybe bring a bike with a chain?

Or one that with a mech that has a better that 40% chance of making it to the end of the ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well that is two less for cake …… you have a very good point I can offer no defence 😳

izakimak
    Free Member

i'm in.

lowey: i'll offer you moral support, my local has a beer festival that weekend, so i'll also suffer at the back, just don't be screaming like a girl when you see a six inch drop in front of you, i need to be in one piece for spain.

taka
    Free Member

has anyone got a route map of this? tempted to do this or the bronte big k

teagirl
    Free Member

Me and Cath could maybe keep up with the intoxicated few 😆
    May see you there! Or in passing? Or I'll wait at Cafe Cali!

Bronte Big K is great but with lots of road! Did it last year…slowly!

taka
    Free Member

teagirl were you near the back of the pack with another woman?

izakimak
    Free Member

teagirl: if you bring the cakes i'll try to keep up 😆

teagirl
    Free Member

Taka, that was me! I'm slow but keep going…..

Ok izakimak, cakes will be abundant 😀 special hangover curing bakes!

taka
    Free Member

yeh but not as slow as me i followed you from around widdop to the end 😉

teagirl
    Free Member

Yeah!!! Unusual for me to be infront of anybody!

igm

Ahh – a ride on a day I might be able to make. I shall try to remember to bring lard cake for afters.

jamievosper
    Free Member

depending on work i'll be there!!

Kahurangi

Looking forward to this…

p.s. I can offer a lift to anyone from Newcastle area…

ton

just a quick heads up for all you pervs err older gents…………here is a stunningly delicious new blonde waitress at cafe cali………… 😉

izakimak
    Free Member

well at least we know where all the 'directionally challenged' will be heading for now. 😆

jamievosper
    Free Member

b@##ox i'll miss another again!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Evening all.
    I won't be able to guide this at the weekend. Been ill off and on now for a few weeks and decided that now I only have a week and a bit left to work my notice period at work, its an ideal time to take some time to recover before my new job. Can scribble the route on maps etc if anyone needs it.

Dave

Vortexracing

is this on gents?

i've got a belly to get rid of 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

Oh, didn't see DBW's message – I am still up for this (or something similar) if someone else can do the guiding.

justme
    Free Member

I can guide it if people want
    davie will email you to confirm where you were intending to go g

justme
    Free Member

have emailed you via your website thing g

ton

G, i will be reserve guide, bringing up the rear……… 😉

and yes everyone it is still on.

taka
    Free Member

ton- the forks arrived today after two previous attempts by ups ill bring the cash on Sunday

tom

ton

cheers tom…………. 8)

and i shall be lurking around cafe cali from 9.15 onwards……..admiring the scenery………. 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just seen this – having problems accessing my mails at the moment. Route I was intending to do is:
    Hebden Bridge > up the Jack Bridge BW to the New Delight pub > straight on here along the lane through Field Head farm to the BW at the top of the hill > turn right here through the gate and descend to the bottom of the valley and then climb out the other side on the road to link up with Edge Lane (Pennine BW) > head NW towards Egypt and drop down the doubletrack descent to Lower Gorple Res and then onwards to the road to Widdop > cross the dam at Widdop and climb up to the Gorple Road and descend that as far as the BW heading southwards into the back of Cant Clough Res > from here take the BW south through the valley to the road at the windfarm > road stretch towards Tod for about a mile or so and then take the first proper road to the right and then immediately left as you start to drop. This takes you onto the BW towards Whirlaw Stones > BW all the way traversing along the hillside to Whirlaw Stones > BW continues onwards through the golf course car park and then when you hit the road, take a right and then at the T junction, left > pass the church on the right and a nice big stone house and the BW should be signed on the right about 1/4 mile at the most after the T junction > drop down here and then when it spits you out on the road, turn right and keep going straight ahead all the way down to the main road at Eastwood.

From here there are two options. One was to go straight up the road to Mankinholes, along the Pennine BW towards Hebden and descend down behind the station on something cheeky. Or go along the road back towards Hebden and then climb up towards Blackshawhead and descend something like the BW from Slack back into the woods and then finish on the bottom half of the Jack Bridge BW.

Let me know if there are anymore questions. Would like to be out but don't want to break myself even more!

eth3er
    Free Member

Does anyone have a postcode for the meeting place?

ton

hx7 8ex…………..will be nice to see you mate

taka
    Free Member

ah aright ill cruze into hebden around then

eth3er
    Free Member

Thank you muchly, hope I can make it. I'm in Manchester on Saturday evening.

Chew
    Free Member

I miss for me this time. I'll be in the Alps.

Will be around for the Kirkby Stephen rerun in October.

andycs

Where in Hebden are you all meeting and what time?

ton

cafe cali area around 9.30ish to ride for 10

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I have a 'Green Card' for Sunday :), would be blasting (well chugging in the 2nd car…''don't you know'') up from Chesterfield….anyone this way welcome to jump in.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

…I am bringing home made chocolate swirl sponge cake, to get us all in the right mood 😛

Vortexracing

but it looks like his misses is making him decorate the house

what sort of bloke is he, a man or a mouse? I wouldn't stand for that in my our house

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter Ride – 19th September – Calderdale Classic’ is closed to new replies.