Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 329 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter January Lakes Ride. Sunday 24th january ;o)
  • clareymorris

Thank god it is usually dark ;-D

lowey

My Pics of the Day.

Sorry about the quality. Bloody camera is on its way out 🙁

BIG thanks to Gav and the other leaders. Great route. I have ridden in the lakes loads in the last 20 years or so, but I have never ridden most of the stuff today. Lucky with the weather again and a great group of people too. Enjoyed getting out for a proper ride, 1st of the year. Brilliant day! Thanks all.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves,Well done to Max (cleaned no dabs) and the marin rider that did so well on "the climb" some handy riding by everyone out there today, riding in the Lakes at this time of year is tricky.

Another thanks to Andy Stephenson from Biketreks for the Huudge tin of chocolates,and freebies for the most cakes and chocolates eaten!….ahem(Clare morris).

A special thanks goes to Matt for coming along as another leader at the last minute,but was not needed.Riding over from Kendal is impressive enough,(13 miles)but going home again via Garburn (20miles)in the ice and snow is something else,awesome!

The guys that "got lost" in Grasmere only to get a lift back to the cars by the local police was a nice end to the day,class! 😆

or is that not quite what went on?

Thanks everyone it was a great ride 😀

DeeJay
    Free Member

More thanks to Gavgas from me and the Darlo crowd – some new bits to add to memory too. Steve (him with the locked up shock) managed to retain his sense of humour quite well as I descibed the good bits ridden today – well at least he took me home! 🙄

Great crowd as usual too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

wasn't it also Matt who did such a good job of sweeping and even pushing along one worn out rider from Little Langdale ?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Yep a true sweeperupper pusherer! 😯

I gave the young lads the rest of the goodies from Biketreks,I think they both had a good day,but looked shattered!.

the youth of today! 🙄

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Great pics Lowey,nice one.

taka
    Free Member

cheers GaVgAs for the tee shirts and socks still preety fecked got cramp on the way home 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

cheers all enjoyable day out in Lakes lots of fun…been a whils since I did som serious MTB miles. Nice route some old , some new and theere was some serioulsy fit [sfb – fitness not looks- though you were stunning as always :lol:] individuals on that ride. I am tired and I have to commute 25 miles tomorrow.
    Cheers to organisers

GaVgAs
    Free Member

No worries taka,thank Andy(biketreks)not me 😉

taka
    Free Member

ok cheers Andy at biketreks 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

though you were stunning as always 😆

stunningly gauche :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I was surprised to learn that DJ didn't know that Skelwith Bridge is pronounced "Skellith" 🙂

lowey

A special thanks goes to Matt for coming along as another leader at the last minute,but was not needed.Riding over from Kendal is impressive enough,(13 miles)but going home again via Garburn (20miles)in the ice and snow is something else,awesome!

Jesus. A riding god!

taka
    Free Member

cheers for pushing me up them hills 🙂

tom

ton

cracking day again people.
    well done with the route gav………. 8)

hp_source

Cheers Gav and the other 'locals' for an excellent ride, some great ups, downs, and views. Nice to catch up with folks and meet newb's too.

Cracking day out all in all, and Lowey booked the good weather once again 8)

Looking forward to the next outing!

Keith (the blue/white on-one)

D0NK

And he wasn't just sweeping, he also sprinted back and forth between the main group and stragglers towards the end of the ride.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Rats! I was hoping to come along on this, but was made to stay home and plan the wedding instead. Truth be told I'm still pole-axed from yesterday's ride too.

Glad to hear it was a fun day out, though. What was the route in the end?

DeeJay
    Free Member

though you were stunning as always

😉

Really?

click pic for more – not that many this time – must have been enjoying myself to much 😉

izakimak
    Free Member

Cracking day out thanks to gavgas and co for organising it. Nice to see you all again. Joe and Jamie the two lost boys were found to be innocent of any crime other than being dozy, impatient and not having a sense of direction. 🙄

taka
    Free Member

who were the two lost boys?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Moody Windermere:

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rounded up by the Police is indeed a first as is returning to the wrong town at the end of the ride…..Chorley folk eh 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Really?

stunningly average rider 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

I saw the 2 lost boys as i was driving home. They were just the other side of Rydal heading towards Ambleside along the 591… I was wondering how they got there though!

Junkyard
    Free Member

stoney rode it all singlespeed and on a rather tasty/tarty bike to boot. It was admired by other singlespeeders without the nerve to take one to the Lakes.

izakimak
    Free Member

They took a left instead of a right somewhere and ended up in Grasmere. 😆 They stopped a passing policeman who pointed them in the right direction and then offered to give one a lift to see if he could find us, cue much laughter when Joe turn's up in a police van, whilst were all stuffing cakes down us.

Vortexracing

Did I miss a good'un lads?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Top totty:

Trekster

Chucky (aka Vortex Racing) – Member
    Did I miss a good'un lads?

Looks like we both did 😥

My chest infection kept me up most of the night again so thought it best to stay at home.

Vortexracing

picture of a lady from the front Simon?

It's usually from the rear that are your specialities aren't they? 😆

boxelder

Top totty

Can't see beyond that shocking front brake hose tsk, tsk.

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers Junkyard 😛

clareymorris

I can't see beyond my scary slash slightly dazed expression 😮

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I have much more flattering pics of you ClareY!!

Tea in Zeff's was the biz…a must for all next time!! 8)

clareymorris

Y not, it sounds lush 😀

stoney
    Free Member

That`s an "Oh Really" expression 😉

Vortexracing

I can't see beyond my scary slash slightly dazed expression

looks more of a puzzled expression to me, not surprising, given you're riding with that lot 😆

GaVgAs
    Free Member

"Can't see beyond that shocking front brake hose tsk, tsk."

your right boxelder,I shall be having words! 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 329 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter January Lakes Ride. Sunday 24th january ;o)’ is closed to new replies.