Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 329 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter January Lakes Ride. Sunday 24th january ;o)
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

havent received email yet joe, 😥 and you have no contact details in yer profile.

try again! 😉

JoeBones
    Free Member

mail in profile now

Nezbo
    Free Member

Marin_Maketh_The_Man – Cool cheers JC, will sort you out with some fuel funds 🙂

lowey

What route do you have in mind Gav ?

hp_source

a little late to the party, but I reckon I can make this too.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its Basically a local-ish route around Hodge Close,Langdales etc with some "excursions" into the lesser known parts of the Flaura and fauna 😉

taka
    Free Member

i should be in and so should my brother and ill have my new bike 😀

tom

Junkyard
    Free Member

is it actually rideable at present?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'll be heading North up the M6 from Knutsford if anyone needs a lift?

ton

Junkyard – Premier Member
    is it actually rideable at present?

course it is……… 🙄

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have another leader should we need it,and theres a prize for cleaning (no dabs) a certain climb I have in mind 😉

No Skidoos sorry 🙄

DeeJay
    Free Member

Will we actually need to bring bikes? – we have had another couple of inches tonight over the east side 😥

lowey

Mr. Johnson, I detect a certain lack of "blind optimism".

Judging by your Bishop Auckland set I think you will be well prepared 😛

DeeJay
    Free Member

Don't know about blind optimism but I might be snow blind by the 24th 8)

taka
    Free Member

bumptery bump i can bring cakes 😉

DeeJay
    Free Member

bumptery bump i can bring cakes

But can you bring a bike with working brakes and gears ❓ 😉

taka
    Free Member

nope still got to find some forks and wheels lol

DeeJay
    Free Member

😆

taka
    Free Member

who needs a bike when you have cake anyway ? :mrgreen:

hp_source

looks ok at the moment to me 😛 (it's a webcam image, so I'll put a disclaimer on that statement incase the weather changes)

I'll be on cake duty too.

taka
    Free Member

doesn't look too bad 😉

DeeJay
    Free Member

THE A66 trans-Pennine re-opened at 6.30pm today, an unprecedented six days after the weather forced it to close.

The route between Bowes, in County Durham, and Brough, in Cumbria, was closed to traffic after heavy snowfalls made it impassable.

Highways officials and parner agencies have spent all day clearing the route, from both ends, to ensure it could re-open.

Hope it stays open!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just wait 5 mins!… 😀

clareymorris

Update – FoxyChick and the chicklets will be providing cake YUM 😀

hp_source

GavGas, from the route you've got in mind at the moment, will there be any/many bail out points, I've potentially got a +1 coming along, but reckon the full distance may be pushing it* assuming that it's around the 30miler you mention to start with.

*if we do clear off early I'll leave the cake somewhere 🙂

Cheers

forge197
    Free Member

I'd be interested in the bail out options, the snow and xmas means I've not been out properly for a month or so!! Will see how tomorrow's ride goes.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I was discussing the route/logistics with Andy at Biketeks today,I plan to use the start at Clappersgate as the Hub (middle)and the ride will be in a relativly small area from there,so its never that far back to the start for bailout options.

I think 30 miles is a the very most we will do,20-25 is more realistic,and at a steady pace,puntures, weather permitting!
    What kind of route you want is up too you the riders,I usually make the route up depending on how things go,I am keen to do some of the lesser known trails though as I know some stw;ers like finding new bits.

Theres going to be more than one group so we could sort them by intended mileage or difficulty?,just an idea.

The rides will be governed by the steadiest/inexperienced rider and not the fastest,it is a group ride after all,so dont be put off!

Theres lots of turning off, and potential for riders getting lost,winter conditions can be difficult,for that reason its important to keep the size of the groups "managable",we will decide how to do this on the day.

I will print out some memory maps for those that want them, or if you feel you want to finish earlier.

cheers

ton

the lesser known trails

…is good……. 8)

forge197
    Free Member

Lesser known will be cool, be my "first time" riding that area, just obviously concerned that my fitness isn't going to be great in light of my recent riding.

Hoping to get a 15mile ride in tomorrow so wil know then if 20 – 25 is do able.

Looking forward to meeting up with the Northern Chapter

Is the start still Clappersgate by the white arrow on the map at 10am?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

"Is the start still Clappersgate by the white arrow on the map at 10am?"

yep,but parking is at a premium, so get there early,or ride out from Ambleside. 😀

There is some merit in starting the ride from Ambleside, but I need to keep Clare Morris out of Bike Treks and the Apple Pie cafe,she is the worlds greatest Shopo-chocoholic!… 😆

yetiguy
    Free Member

I wanna bring my 13 year old lad, will that be ok.

Him and i bike a lot so he is pretty fit

lowey

Gav… parking spot by the river ?

I will be there possibly +2. No Cake, however I'll provide the entertainment by getting hopelessly lost with Mr. Potatohead.

Gav, Any chance of the MMO's please ? Addy in profile.

forge197
    Free Member

cheers Gavgas as I'll probably be in a van I'll park up in Ambleside and cycle up, be a good warmup!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Thats the place Lowey.(email sent)

Yeti guy,no problem,I think we will be able to keep up! 🙄

ton

gav, biggest carpark in ambleside for a van mate please??

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Planning to come along (providing we don't get snowed in again) and stay in Ambleside the night before. By lucky chance I have a full weekend off work for a change. An advance peep at the route would be usefull but if it's weather dependant, no worries. I know the area well, so can always peel off if I have to get back to Ambleside for my lift home.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Gav – have you heard if anyone's heading down from Keswick ?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Havent heard anything PT,…"sherks away" lol

I dont think its extreme enough for the Tuesday nighters..lol 🙄

boxelder

Ton
    If you're in a van, is dropping off Brians bike/roof rack a possibility (assuming he buys the car)? Mail me if it's an option, if not nae bother.

ton

andy, it is.
    he was coming up today for the car i think??

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 329 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter January Lakes Ride. Sunday 24th january ;o)’ is closed to new replies.