Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STW Lawn experts – removing clover
  • alanf
    Free Member

Can the STW lawn experts point me in the right direction for removing clover.
    Without getting down on hands and knees and pulling it out that way, are there are products or any processes for getting this out without killing the lawn?

boxfish
    Free Member

Weed & Feed? Kills broad leaved plants and doesn’t harm the grass.

organic355
    Free Member

Mix it in a watering can and go over the whole lawn.

then get/borrow a scarifier, to pull out all the dead clover and moss.

alanf
    Free Member

Cheers Boxfish, I did have that in mind but wasn’t sure if it was just a gimick or not.
    Any other options or should I give that a go?

cudubh

Sorry for the hijack. My wife says we are happy with the clover as the guinea pigs like it but I am trying to get rid of buttercups and ground elder. As the OP says is there any other option than hands and knees ripping it out.

Taff
    Free Member

I have been meaning to do this but if I do this my lawn would no longer be green!

alanf
    Free Member

Brilliant – will look at getting some of that Organic355

stgeorge

ground elder

Good luck!

MarkN
    Free Member

I was reading a lawn book only last night. Not my normal reading I would add.

Clover:
    Rake the grass before cutting so as to lift the creeping stems so that they are cut by the mower. Treat with a selective weed killer containing ioxynil. May need repeated treatment after 6 weeks and also may need hand weeding, clover variety dependant.

Bunnyhop

Oh please don’t, when it flowers it such good nectar for the bees.

footflaps

Ground elder, dose with weed killers regularly (paint on the leaves if on a lawn) and also keep mowing it, so it can’t photosynthesise – I’ve cleared my lawn of it over the years doing this.

wallop

What is wrong with clover?

organic355
    Free Member

nothing with a bit of toast and jam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STW Lawn experts – removing clover’ is closed to new replies.