Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • STW forum ride, sunday 4th october, ogden..ROLL CALL
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

😥

taka
    Free Member

im still pooped…

Kramer
    Free Member

Me too. Had a great day thanks to everyone. I'll look forward to the next one I can make it to.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

a mini track pump will probably have been a Topeak Mountain Morph – a great pump, and the one I use 🙂

49 eh ? Well done! Is that out-Barnesing me ?

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one Ton. Some pics to follow probably tomorrow of our derring do.

izakimak
    Free Member

MMMMmmmm coffee and walnut cake i'm eating the last of it as i type. 8)

nbt

60 pics uploaded. It was indeed bogtrotter-esque at times. top day out though. Looking forward to another…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yay! We have our own adjective now :o)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Nice route Ton – Thanks again

nbt – great pics – see you at the next one

stumpyjon

Excellent ride and great company, think my legs have seized now. How good was the weather 😯

27.9 miles and 4139ft of climbing for those of you who like your stats (route GPS'd if anyone wants the file).

Vortexracing

stumpyjon, yes please

e mails in profile

ta very mucho

Junkyard
    Free Member

+ 1 Stumpyjon as mine is away getting fixed e-mail also in profile

Vortexracing

commuting tomorrow Johnny?

cogglepin

Top day, great company and fantastic weather!
    Cheers Ton.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am uncommitted on the subject but if I was betting I would go with a no.
    I fit is noice and sunny then more likely.
    You?

Mugboo

Hope you guys enjoyed todays ride, you couldn't have got a better day for it.

There are a potential 365 days riding in a year, ok maybe we can knock Xmas day off so 364.

I'm here asking for just 6 hrs of one of those days. I'm recruiting for Novembers Stainburn dig day.

I'm sure most have ridden there and if not why not? Projects at the moment are finishing the descent line extension and clearing up in Norwood after the felling. And obviously we have maintainence on everything else as well.

So i'm asking for two things please

1. Your attendence on Sunday Nov 1st
    2. That you let me know if your coming so we can plan the work for the day

All you need is boots/gloves/food/drinks. If we get decent numbers we may need extra tools which is why i need a roll call.

Any questions just ask.

Your local trails need you, they don't build themselves..

Cheers Jason

http://www.singletraction.org.uk/index.php

Bunnyhop

It was great to meet you all and thanks for guiding Ton and Co.

I was disappointed that there were 46 chaps and only 3 ladies. Where are they all hiding?

Missed the coffee and walnut cake too, though I did get some yummy fruit cake, I think it contained carrot as well.

Vortexracing

Great to see new faces, you seemed to enjoy it Bunnyhop, up for the next one?

Jo was quite amused at the screaming noises you made on some of those DH bits. 😀

BTW I'm the one on the grey Ventana (kiddies size)

Bunnyhop

Waves to Vortex.
    Yes I screamed all the way down pecket well, apologise to Jo for me please. 😳

Vortexracing

No apologies needed, it's nice to see (or hear) somebody enjoying themselves.

or was it pure fear?

Kramer
    Free Member

Please thank Jo for pointing out to me that I was still in middle ring when my legs were crying out at the end of the ride. 😆

jo_h
    Free Member

No apology required – made me giggle! I hope I didn't put you off laughing at you on all the rocky step downs!

Great cake, great route, great weather thank you to all and fingers crossed see you at the next one (if it doesn't clash with spain) 🙂

Vortexracing

oh I almost forgot about Spain. 😆

jo_h
    Free Member

Knew I'd get a rise outta that one 😆

No worries Kramer – I'd been in the granny ring for at least 5 mins by that point so no wonder you were finding it tough!

Bunnyhop

Jo – your giggling took my mind off that mahoosive drop off at the end. 🙂
    It's good to see you riding again, as I saw the pictures of your leg after that bad fall you had, on another STW ride.

hp_source

Another cracking day out on't moors and in't valleys. Cheers Tony for sorting a cracking route out. Looking forward to the next installment!

Can't believe I'm the cover guy too for NBT's pics! why do I always pull a stupid face when anyone points a camera at me!?!

Vortexracing

Just to put you in the mood Jo.

looks awful don't it 😆

nbt

Granny? You had to use Granny today? You need to get a singlespeed 😉

As for the cover pic, to be fair Keith it was a hard choice, I went for the colours and composition: I think it's the best of the bunch. Just a shame about the subject 😉

Stumpyjon, can you send me the route map / profile pic then I can add it to the set above? ta!

richpips
    Free Member

Some pics. Clicky on pics to find the rest.

and the man himself.

Gee76
    Free Member

Ta for the mega day out Ton (and the wee bit of history and local folk/trail lore). Really enjoyed it and a cracking day with a bunch of cracking folk.
    Nice to meet you all and particular thanks the kind fella who lent me his blue pig for the last bit of the ride. (sorry I am getting a bit old and forgetful when it comes to names). Food for thought there!

Oh and chucky you better not be sporting a full face and sleeveless top on hols…. unless ya got ya biking-shammy thong on with it too ;o)

DeeJay
    Free Member

My photo's of the day

click pic for the rest

Vortexracing

Don't worry I wont.

Just promise me that you will leave your mankini at home please

lowey

Another cracking day out with a record turn out this time. 49!!

Thanks very much to Ton for sorting the route and doing a great job of herding such a large group. Nice to meets some new people off here.

As Mart hasn't yet posted, I'll go first and lay the blame squarely at his door for our getting lost.

Anyway, my pics are here :-

I got a video too of Deejay, Trevor and a couple of others (sorry, you were going too fast) Here

Can someone explain how to post a pic with a link back to Flicr please ?

Cheers.

Kramer
    Free Member

Thanks to all the people who brought cakes and thermos flasks as well. 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

<fingers in ears, eyes closed> lalalalallala, i'm not looking at this thread lalalalala………

ok, so I looked….looks like a truly awful day 😉 so, so glad I was cooped up in a marquee from 11 til 4 …… 🙄 still, got a couple of decent enquiries…. and i've given myself the day off today, do some chores then head out on the bike for an hour or 3….. 😀

montylikesbeer

Looks like a brilliant ride, v sorry I couldn't make it

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

lowey , your loyalty is an example to us all .i never blamed you for the fact that the other 46 daft bastards went the wrong way

lowey

I like the cut of your jib Mart. 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

as getting lost goes i,ve been in worse scrapes than sitting in the sunshine drinking coffee and looking at waitresses,s arses

Vortexracing

It was a nice arse.

and a VERY short skirt.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘STW forum ride, sunday 4th october, ogden..ROLL CALL’ is closed to new replies.