Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW can you help Charlotte’s Tandems?
  • RustyMac

Can you the lovely people of Single track world help out Charlotte’s Tandems?

My girlfriend received an email at her work and has asked if I will post it up on here as she thinks it will get a better response. I am not in contact with the charity but if you think you can help please contact them through there web page or Facebook group.

Charlotte’s Tandems is a charity based near Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, which is growing fast with outposts in Essex, Warwickshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, the South East, Edinburgh, North Yorkshire and are hoping to spread out to other places in the UK. They lend tandems to (and only to) people with disabilities or special needs for free, who are unable to ride a bicycle safely on their own, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling.

They have received some grants and need the following:

Borrowers: People (anywhere in the UK) who have special needs (e.g. Autism, Learning difficulties, sight problems etc.), who would enjoy riding a bicycle but don’t have access to one.

Groups: Contact with special needs groups, clubs etc. If you know of someone or another group or organisation which could help, please let me know and I can put you in contact (there is also a contact form on their website or via their Face book page).

Storage: The charity needs some more kind people, anywhere in the UK, who can store a few Tandems (in a garage or shed) and distribute them to borrowers.

General help is also needed with fundraising, repairing and transporting the tandems.

There is more information on their website: http://charlottestandems.weebly.com/index.html

They also have a Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/139839216034492/

They will also be at the Shrubberies Fayre on Oldends Road in Stonehouse on 19th May 2012.

Many thanks

RustyMac

I know i wrote alot and it is a Friday but it is a worthy cause and definately worth a read 😉

Trampus
    Free Member

Thanks for this info, Rusty Mac!

ton

noted mate, and passed on to someone who may be able to help.
    many years ago, i used to take a blind fellow out on his tandem for a weekly ride.
    it was good fun and nice to help him out.

RustyMac

Cheers for the replies guys, I wish i was in a position to help the charity but figured there would be some single track world fols that may know of someone who the charity could benefit or may be able to support the charity in some way.

Dickyboy

Rusty – brilliant, sister in law suffers with MS & riding tandem is now the only way she can safely ride, luckily my brother & her were into tandems & cycling before she became ill so are able to get out & about still, I’m sure he & I will be able to help them out in some way 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW can you help Charlotte’s Tandems?’ is closed to new replies.