Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • STW Agony Aunt Corner
  • booboo500
    Free Member

Was actually taking the pish out of singletrack’s rather blinkered view of life – his posts seem like a series of rather bitter and twisted one liners!!

I don’t have a fear of never meeting anyone again or am beating myself up for being single but it’s healthy to ask a few questions of yourself now and then… Like was this relationship just not right or do I need to sort something out before I **** up another relationship??

i don’t actually know the answer but that doesn’t mean I’m obsessing overly about it or that it’s filling my every waking moment…

singletracked
    Free Member

Whut? Blinkered view of life? Me? Quite the opposite! Whilst others are saying ‘oh it will happen one day” or “if it’s meant to be it will happen” “one day you will find love” etc. I am opening the horizons! I am saying anything might happen! You might find love you might not. This isn’t blinkered, it’s the destiny-led thinking which is blinkered in its fatalism.

Kryton57

… and I had my horizons so wide open I tried to chat up a gay girl. with some albeit limited success I might add 😉

Last time I tried that, I drew a self managed line believing she wouldn’t / couldn’t be interested. I had a really friendly, chatty night withher as we got on really well, it was excellent. After she left, her friend told me she was the only straight girl in the bar, damn.

andeh

Let’s just get it over with and blame the media……

[video]http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=QjwTCUepU4E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQjwTCUepU4E&gl=GB[/video]

bigyinn
    Free Member

Life is full of coincidences and random events. Depends how fussy / attractive / neurotic you are. Theres probably plenty of right people for you out there, just depends whether a series of random events might cause you to meet. Just to depress you further, you may have already met and discarded “the one” in the past.
    Will you end up alone and old? Possibly…….

singletracked
    Free Member

You needn’t fear being alone, we’ll always be here for you.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is why you binned her before lining up a decent replacement? I mean its not like it was a bad relationship and you were at least getting it regularly I assume?

Its like you don’t chuck yer job in before getting another lined up first……

scuzz
    Free Member

Personally I am far more at peace with myself since I stopped beating myself up about being single and alone. That’s the real trick if you ask me.

“you only fine someone when you stop looking”

Spoiler alert: This is the same sentiment! 😀

timraven

You needn’t fear being alone, we’ll always be here for you.

😆 bet that’s a real comfort.

singletracked
    Free Member

Personally I am far more at peace with myself since I started stopped beating myself up about being single and alone. That’s the real trick if you ask me.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Spoiler alert: This is the same sentiment

pssst, no it’s not.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Love isn’t all hearts n flowers and it ain’t no bed of roses neither. I’d give it another go ~ from what you say, it was mostly ok. If she’s not nuts and you don’t argue ~ what’s not to like?
    If all fails, read some Tom Robbins, he’s very good. “Still life with woodpecker” isn’t his best though. I’d start with “Even cowgirls get the blues” followed up with “Jitterbug Perfume” ~ both great reads. 🙂

singletracked
    Free Member

read some Tom Robbins, he’s very good. “Still life with woodpecker” isn’t his best though. I’d start with “Even cowgirls get the blues”

This is for Kryton, right?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

…it just didn’t quite set my world on fire.

And as I’m now in my late 30’s with several failed relationships behind me, I’m starting to worry that my expectations are unreasonable… The only time I ever felt totally in love with someone turned into a disaster as she turned into a bit of a crazy, which made me doubt whether any of that was actually real anyway.

Wow. Been there.

I stuck with Miss ‘didn’t quite set my world on fire’, and more importantly she stuck with me through thick and thin, changed my perspective on life (as a result on therapy for depression and Bipolar Disorder), learnt to be more realistic with my expectations, and 10 years later we’re still an item.

Sure, I’d love a Ferrari, or a Metro 6R4, I’m not stupid, but I have to be realistic, I’ve got an MX-5 and I love it to bits, wouldn’t trade it for the world.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Why talk to us about it? Talk to her.

Kryton57

singletracked – Member
    read some Tom Robbins, he’s very good. “Still life with woodpecker” isn’t his best though. I’d start with “Even cowgirls get the blues”
    This is for Kryton, right?

Lol. My Lesbian chasing phase is over these days.

Cougar

Women are like buses, my friend

The best ones are bendy?

chewkw
    Free Member

booboo500 – Member

STW words of wisdom, humour or mocking welcome!

None of those but I think this is interesting …

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI[/video]

tazzymtb

Sure, I’d love a Ferrari, or a Metro 6R4, I’m not stupid, but I have to be realistic, I’ve got an MX-5 and I love it to bits, wouldn’t trade it for the world.

in other words, you’ve given up your dreams, stopped desiring and wanting and just accepted what you are given as being your lot and that’s it. (not picking on you by the way) this just sums up what I personally hate about society and the expectation of bland sheep like acceptance to the mediocrity of life. shut your face, swallow the hopes dreams and aspirations you had, just accept “close enough”, and be a happy little compliant consumer and die alone (as we all do) thinking “god was that it?” a life of “meh it’s ok, could have been worse I suppose” is really not living at all.

EDIT: Sorry, spot the bitter, fked off person who’s totally had enough!

alexxx
    Free Member

I went out with a mental ugly girl for 6 months. Never again… thank your cards that you got off lightly.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Many moons ago, in my “courting years”, I went out with a girl who was attractive, intelligent, kind and generous and seemed to like me. There was absolutely nothing wrong – but nevertheless I somehow never felt a really strong pull towards her. And it wasn’t her, it really was me. Something was missing. Now, may years later and happily married I still don’t know why it didn’t work between us, but I have no doubt that it didn’t and never would. Not saying this is definitely the case for you but sounds a lot like the situation I was in. There really was NOTHING wrong with her, but still it wasn’t right. Hope it all works out for you whatever you decide to do… As everyone else has said – talk to her about it.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Women are like buses

They go further if you give them more money?

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘STW Agony Aunt Corner’ is closed to new replies.