Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Stupid things that are stupid….
  • tenfoot

The idiot planners who approved the building of another 1000 or so houses around my home town, when it’s already overcrowded and the roads are at full capacity.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The one where any cop in any city instantly knows where some little cafe is.

If they’re the shape of the polis round my town, they’ll have been to a café/kebab shop or 2.

Paul-B

‘Boost 148’ WHHHHYYYYY!!

What’s wrong with just using 150mm…does 1mm each side really make a difference????

nickc

because 150mm hubs weren’t really 150mm wide they were 135 with a bunch of spacers, and a bit pointless.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Prometheus, from start to finish.

Standards +3.

My neighbours’ inability to park any of their three cars on their own driveway.

Northwind

spekkie – Member

We watched Fast & Furious 6 (I think) the other night, (the London one) and I was amazed at the length of the runway in the last scene!

19.36 miles long, apparently. (Based on speed information provided by leading aeronautics expert The Rock.)

I love me a bit of fast and furious tbh, they’re definitely teh most awful films I like though.

amedias
    Free Member

“Cyclists Dismount”

Invariably right before a very narrow or restricted width bit, which you could pass someone on if you were on your bike, but when wheeling it beside you becomes almost impossible without jabbing someone in the shins/kidney with a pedal/handlebar

molgrips
    Free Member

The bleeping and flashing lights on computers come from the days of ENIAC where the output was displayed on rows of coloured lights representing numbers in binary. It was only 70 years ago.. and yet we still do it.

However, there is a bit of a reason behind some of those daft search sequences on computers. They generally sell the rights to have products in movies – always used to be Apple but I think they stopped doing that now. However if no-one’s bought the rights (or they haven’t been sold) then they have to use something neutral, rather than Google which is what you would use. Because otherwise they’d never be able to sell that right to Google in the future.

Same with cars – they can’t completely hide the car’s body of course, but if no-one’s paid them they go to a certain amount of effort to avoid shots of the badges. Whereas if they have been paid, you see lots of them.

I think it’s NCIS where their coffee shop has a white cup with a round green logo on it to look vaguely authentic, but it’s not actually Starbucks.

Cougar

People carrying obviously empty suitcases in films and on TV when they are travelling or going off on holiday etc.

Ditto coffee cups. Some gets handed a coffee and they immediately swig it like it’s half empty. If you did that you’d a) get a faceful and b) go “hell fire that’s boiling!!”

Or the 2 second telephone call

Ever noticed, no-one ever says “goodbye” on telephones in films / TV? “Yes Mr President, we’re aware of the missiles.” *click* – You’ve just hung up on the bloody President! Argh.

IdleJon

Ever noticed, no-one ever

…..catches their sleeve on door handles on film/TV?

(From Men Behaving Badly, I think?)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

People on forums that don’t read what others have said before posting a contribution

D0NK

Invariably right before a very narrow or restricted width bit, which you could pass someone on if you were on your bike, but when wheeling it beside you becomes almost impossible without jabbing someone in the shins/kidney with a pedal/handlebar

amen. Can’t we have “pinch point, play nicely everyone!” signs instead?

amedias
    Free Member

amen. Can’t we have “pinch point, play nicely everyone!” signs instead?

in fact replace ALL priority based road and path signage with ones that just say “play nicely everyone!”

miketually
    Free Member

They generally sell the rights to have products in movies – always used to be Apple but I think they stopped doing that now.

Seems to be Microsoft Surface tablets now.

On some of the programmes my kids watch they use Pearphones and Pearpads.

Rich_s

People on forums that don’t read what others have said before posting a contribution

beanum

Nightclubs in (Hollywood) films never look like any club I’ve ever been in. I was looking for an example and found this work of genius… 🙂

Movie nightclub scene mashup
    [video]https://youtu.be/QajyNRnyPMs[/video]

callmetc
    Free Member

PLEASE PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA.

“places item in bagging area”

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA.

jag61

Vacuous looking people walking in slow motion in adverts, do the producers of such blx think we are that stupid?? see how this plug in scent thing will make you want to walk very slowly around your home whilst running your immaculately manicured fingers over the soft furnishings, flicking your long blond hair from side to side smiling inanely at the 2 young cherubs playing nicely on the floor 👿 Sorry that went a bit further than expected. Also why is it that all channels have time synced ads so you cant miss this shyte?

Cougar

why is it that all channels have time synced ads so you cant miss this shyte?

It’s so that you can’t miss it. Obvs.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bit like the Maser ad on here then…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

People who deliberately do duplicate posts

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bit like the Maser ad on here then…

johndoh
    Free Member

Nightclubs in…

Another nightclubs in films one – when there is dialogue you can actually hear the conversation.

MrsToast
    Free Member

PLEASE PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA.

“places item in bagging area”

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA.

Oh god, this.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Characters who’ve apparently just done some sort of drug and then carry on just as they did before, as though they haven’t just done some sort of drug.

philjunior
    Free Member

The Mission Impossible:2 car/bike chase where he upshifts about a million times on his speed triple and yet still can’t outrun a pickup truck full of fat blokes. By the time he’s in 300th gear he should have been moving at about 5000mph.

General TOTALLY unmatched vehicles having a chase and somehow one not massively outrunning the other. Fair enough if it’s twisty and then obviously the hero/evil henchman driving skills differ, but so often it’s on a straight bit of road FFS!

Anything that can be summed up with “No, we will kill him in a slow and easily escapable manner”/ “and in one bound he was free”.

orangeorange
    Free Member

People,most often on FB,that feel the need to declare “rant over” at the end of their child-like and usually pretty damned pointless rant.

orangeorange
    Free Member

That,and people that don”t read the previous posts before posting,obviously ..

nickc

of people, when watching the start of a movie, and some dude comes strolling across a car park (for instance) and the person says…”Who’s he then?”

to which the only correct answer is of course “Watch them film, all will be revealed” and then under your breath “stupid”

dannybgoode

This box:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqAUmgE3WyM[/video]

I do want one though…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The Mission Impossible:2 car/bike chase where he upshifts about a million times on his speed triple and yet still can’t outrun a pickup truck full of fat blokes.

,..possibly because at some point he stopped the bike and changed the tyres from road to off-road, which does slow you bit, even if that bit was cut from the fillum

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

The large mobile home driven by the Nazis in “The Blues Brothers” which changes to become much smaller and cheaper just before it crashes into the river.

Sad – but that’s annoyed me for years.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Stupid things that are stupid….’ is closed to new replies.