Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stumpjumper – alternatives to look at?
  • Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

As far as full sus bikes go, the stumpy seems to suit my needs pretty well. I’ve not ridden many different full sus bikes so it’s hard to know what I’ll like and won’t, but it would be good to have some suggestions.

I’d like to have adjustable travel (at least on the front – Fox Talas for example).
    I’d like it to be really light, for all day XC riding and not much jumping or gnarly steep stuff.

I don’t think I can be bothered building it myself, so looking for something off the shelf (or more likely out the classifieds).

The stumpjumper just *looks* great, as well as generally being pretty good value for money and getting good reviews in the magazines.

I don’t like Trek or Giant. No particular reason I’m afraid!

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Cube or LaPierre?

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at those Boardman full-sus bikes.

Horst link suspension design (like stumpy), Reba with Maxle and good spec. Same price new as you might pay for a secondhand stumpy.

Count
    Free Member

I would take a look the latest Turner with the DW link. Having said that, the SJ is so capable it will provide enough bike for most riders to enjoy the sort of use you are needing it for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper – alternatives to look at?’ is closed to new replies.