Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Stuff you’ve accidentally thrown away?
  • binners

Make me feel a bit better by proving I’m not the biggest idiot in the world.

Or laugh at me for being the biggest idiot in the world, if you like.

I like to read in bed before going to sleep. As such, my side of the bed tends to accumulate a stack of books, and a large pile of Guardian’s (retro 20th century, old school printed version eh?), Private Eye, Razzle etc –  until the pile gets so big I grab it all and chuck it in the recycling bin.

I recently entered the 21st century and treated myself to a new Kindle, which I also tend to chuck on the rest of the Guardians, Beano’s etc before nodding off

You’re probably ahead of me here….

I was looking for it today and its nowhere to be found. The recycling bin has just been emptied. Arse! 🙁

Tell me your similar tales of woe. A mate who recently got married managed to bin a few hundred quids worth of John Lewis vouchers while ‘tidying up’ after opening their wedding gifts.

Hey ho

Northwind

We threw all of our work Ipads in the recycling after an event. By pure blind luck we got them back but still. A colleague called it right immediately, everyone else was like naaaah, no way, they’ll be in someone’s car or something…

Tell you, it’s worse when things just go absent but you don’t know why, at least the moment of clarity when you realise you’ve binned it stops you tearing the place apart looking.

footflaps

A few years back I sold an MTB with Crank Brother Triple Ti pedals. I took the pedals off and taped them to the inside of the box. A few weeks later the buyer emails me to ask where the pedals are. He’d since thrown out the packaging….

codybrennan
    Free Member

A set of Yamaha NS10 studio monitors, ended up in the boot of my wife’s car a couple of days before a car boot sale. I failed to notice.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Teaspoons – hundreds of them – at least that’s where I “think” they have gone over the years…….

legend
    Free Member

If you contact Amazon and tell them you’ve been an idiot, there’s a good chance they’ll send you another for free

bikebouy
    Free Member

My wife bought me a really nice “man bracelet” for my last birthday, so I put it on and went surfing and off it came..

“Apparently” it cost a few quid..

Who’da known…

whitestone
    Free Member

I’d stopped at a garage/filling station to get a cup of coffee and a bite to eat. I’d been biking so my “wallet” was a small ziplock bag. I thought I’d get rid of the bits of rubbish in the car while I was there.

Yep, I spent the next five minutes on the forecourt rifling through the bin to get my cash and debit card back.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You are the biggest idiot in the world…..

aracer
    Free Member

Not me, but somebody I know threw away a forum which worked perfectly well…

wwaswas

Every car I’ve ever sold has gone off into the sunset with a tape or cd still in the player.

tomhoward

My education

lolz

DrJ

Arcteryx jacket in a bag of old stuff for charity. Some tramp is sleeping snugly, anyway 🙁

scud
    Free Member

Mostly the 10 years between 18 and 28…………

Cougar

My wife bought me a really nice “man bracelet” for my last birthday, so I put it on and went surfing and off it came..

“Apparently” it cost a few quid..

Years ago on the dance floor in a night club, someone asked where the toilets were.  I went “over there” and pointed.  At that self same moment my watch strap took it upon itself to snap, and £200 worth of watch sailed into the crowd never to be seen again.

Also, +1 on contacting Amazon.  They’ll probably replace it, it’s worth it to them in book sales / PR for you to actually have a free Kindle.

rone

Amateurs …

I got a couple of bags mixed up and dumped £1500 worth of manual Nikon lenses in the wheelie bin.

Ouch.

Way beyond the stage of angry.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eye, you win.

gallowayboy

@ wwaswas +1………a tape from the radio of a Massive Attack albert hall gig, went in a car tape player, never been able to find a recording elsewhere.

Jumped of the end of Torver jetty on Coniston water with nothing on but my new £180 varifocals….

wiggles
    Free Member

I “lost” my iPad and car keys keys in my house so only thing is they must have been binned… Came home with both couldnt find them in the morning so used to spare thinking they will turn up bit they never did even when I moved!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The kitchen bin lid while taking the rubbish out to the wheelie bin and then forgetting to go back down to retrieve it . 😳

choppersquad
    Free Member

My (now) wife accidentally threw away her engagement ring in a kebab wrapper.

After frantically searching for it at home to no avail, I was just dropping off to sleep, when she had a revelation that that’s what may of happened?

Being the dutiful fiance, I drove back to the kebab shop in the middle of the night to rummage through the bin, and found her wrapper containing lots of lettuce, chilli sauce and one engagement ring.

Her name’s Louise, so not sure if finding it was a good thing or not?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Oh, and the lovely Louise also threw a perfectly good Onkyo surround sound amp in our skip whilst keeping an air freshener that the same person had also given her.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bitcoin codes in a PS2 game I flogged on eBay.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

My mate left some builders to clear out all the crap in his cellar… including a Yeti Ultimate frame which was never seen again… makes me cry just thinking about it.

wallop

When I was little my Dad lent me a copy of most of the daily papers which were printed the day after Lennon was shot. I’m not sure what happened to them… 😬

My uncle’s ex wife had a massive block of hash which she’d put on the hearth in front of the fire to soften a bit before cutting into smaller pieces. In her stoned haze she forgot about it and then later during a quick tidy of the house she thought it was a piece of coal and chucked it onto the fire.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Gallowayboy there is a recording of massive attack in the Albert hall on YouTube

aracer
    Free Member

wysiwyg :

Bitcoin codes in a PS2 game I flogged on eBay.

Isn’t there a mate of somebody on here who put a HD with bitcoins on in landfill – which would now be worth hundreds of thousands?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

The bitcoins in the landfill are worth about £74 million !!

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah he lived around here somewhere (Newport) was worth millions at some point apparently 😮 .

My mate came home from a weekend riding once and had all his dirty kit in a black back, several shorts jerseys pair of 5.10s etc and his Mrs threw it away thinking it was rubbish…

ac505
    Free Member

My niece inadvertently chucked out a one off JK Rolling murder mystery script…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nothing near the level of the above.

Gloves mostly, I bought a really nice pair of winter gloves last winter, before I ever wore them on the bike I used them moving house as they were thing / warm compared to everything else I had – left them in the rental van.

Also a single 100% summer glove, I’m 99% sure it went into the wheelie bin in work along with a load of crap from my boot. I’ve still got the other one… it’s been 3 years now, but I know that the moment I give up and throw out the one I have, the missing one will turn up. Yes, I’m quite mad.

wiggles
    Free Member

I lost a Troy Lee glove bought another pair and quickly proceeded to lose another one…

Worst thing was I lost 2 right ones! I feel your pain

scaredypants

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>My wife bought me a really nice “man bracelet” for my last birthday, so I put it on and went surfing and off it came..</span>

Oh, well played

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

While packing for our honeymoon, Mrs CFH managed to bin a box of goodies from Agent Provocateur. Quite a bit of money, not a lot of fabric.

bikebouy
    Free Member

£74m in bitcoin?

Buy a lot of real coins with that..

stumpy01

I accidentally buried my wedding ring in a 35*2ft flower border while weeding/breaking the soil/turning it.

Took me a lot of digging, a metal detector (no help) and a soil sieve to find it!

Lots of my stuff goes missing, but my Wife always claims it didn’t get binned… 🤔

jimmy

I threw away my old cassette collection – classics,  obviously – because I didn’t have a tape player and wasn’t going to buy one. Was quite gutted.

Next week bought a car which has a cassette deck. Was very gutted. Lost hours of bangin toons from my youth which would have filled many a drive north and south.

gallowayboy

@ Jonah tonto – cheers bud! that’s made my day.. the version of safe from harm is brilliant! I thought i’d searched youtube – maybe not.

footflaps

><span style=”color: #444444; line-height: 15.360000610351563px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>£74m in bitcoin?</span>

Supposedly something like 20% is lost or in wallets no one has the key for….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I threw this photo of me sitting under my private jet, along with other photos. Luckily I twigged before the bin men came.

[/url]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Stuff you’ve accidentally thrown away?’ is closed to new replies.